Chapter 13

It was 7 p.m., and I was having a cup of tea while waiting for a buddy to come. I sent a message requesting that they come to the tea house at this hour. He eventually came after a few minutes.

"Mingyu, you have arrived!"

"Your message seemed serious, so I couldn't say no," he remarked as he sat down in front of me. "What did you want to talk about?" he said.

"First, have some tea!" I exclaimed as I poured some into the Sakura-designed tea cup in front of him.

The youngster looked at me blankly, as if he was having flashbacks.

"Enjoy!" I said as I shifted the cup's handle to the left. He smiled and thanked me, then took the cup with his right hand, drinking using his non-dominant hand. "Oh, I thought you were a lefty; I didn't realize you were right-handed," I said.

"I drink with my right hand on occasion," he stated as he took a sip. I grinned quietly and snickered. "What's funny?" he said, nervously chuckling.

"You just reminded me of NingNing." His gaze froze when he heard her name. "After all, she was a lefty, and I heard you two dated previously."

"Yeah, we did," he answered, and I realized he was getting quite uncomfortable.

"Are you okay?" I inquired, alarmed.

"I just don't enjoy talking about my history; plus, she died, and I want to respect the deceased."

"Really?"

"It's unfortunate that she died by suicide; she must have felt terrible."

I then went silent.

"Y/n?"

...

"How did you know she committed suicide?" I inquired, and he seemed terrified. Despite this, he stayed calm.

"Remember, I dated her, and she had mental issues."

"But her mental condition began after you two split up; Yeji and Jennie were the only people who knew about her sickness," I remarked, startling him. "Would you mind explaining?"

"Stop it, y/n. I catch a glimpse of her now and then, the cuts on her arm showing out a bit." He said.

"That's impossible, though; NingNing has always avoided you, but you hated that, didn't you?" Mingyu began gulping frantically as he averted my eyes by looking down. But I didn't care if he was uneasy. He is the reason NingNing died.

"You were still madly in love with her, but she didn't feel the same way, and you knew it; I just don't see why you would murder her."

Mingyu's stare shifted, as if he were about to stab me, and his entire aura shifted with the snap of a finger.

"You have no evidence that I am the murderer."

I straightened my back, took a deep breath, and without avoiding his gaze, I began, "The tea cup was the murder weapon you used along with the thallium powder. The day the camp began was the day your plan began.

You used your student council president card and offered every single student a cup of tea or coffee just to find out what hand NingNing uses when drinking.

When you got your result, you swabbed all tea cups with the powder on the top of the cups in every left angle with a single cotton bud, most likely at night when everyone was sleeping.

But, in order to avoid being seen by the campus CCTV cameras, you had another route that could lead you to the tea house without being seen.

And that was in Cabin 7's hidden room. The cabin where you used to hang out with NingNing when you were still dating."