Chapter 11

We ate lunch after discovering a fresh suspect. Who would have guessed that kind, attractive ladies' man was a psychotic yandere who may have murdered NingNing?

I checked the clock after checking the hidden journal. When did it start alarming? And it did, in fact, solve my question. I knew the sound I heard was a snooze alarm the entire time.

When we returned to the lobby of our dorm building, we observed a small crowd gathered at the bulletin board. As we came closer, we found a sign advising us to dispose of our garbage. I always thought there would be a service janitor who would do it, but it looks like we'll have to do it ourselves.

"If you don't want to, I'll toss it away," Seungkwan said.

"Have you seen our trash? One person isn't enough to throw it away." I replied as I walked away. Even though we've only been here four days, who knew the two of us would be so unruly?

We went outside to the garbage disposal once everything was clean. I expected the garbage can to be filthy, but I didn't anticipate so many dead rats and birds to visit this filthy pit.

"Poor birds, why would someone do such a thing?" Seungkwan wondered.

"Normal smoke will not be able to achieve this; something must have been added to it for it to muzzle in the smoke and kill these creatures."

"Like what?"

As I approached the incinerator beside the garbage disposal, Seungkwan questioned me. When I got closer to it, the interior smelled terrible. It smelled toxic, and I despise it; it's quite suffocating.

"Y/N, there's some glass poking out of this dead rat," Seungkwan said, as I dashed up to him. And, indeed, there was some kind of shard protruding from its body. What struck me the most was that the shard was printed with a Sakura blossom pattern. It was the same design as Ning Ning's lost tea cup!

Without thinking, I yanked the glass from the corpse and took my gloves from my hand to serve as a protective bag.

"Another hint?"

"Indeed," I said, nodding, "someone must've attempted to melt the tea cup."

***

Midnight has arrived, and we've chosen to talk about what we discovered inside my dorm room. Jun was perplexed as to why Seungkwan was with us when he came.

"I'm her dorm mate; of course I'm here," Seungkwan remarked sarcastically.

"He has also assisted with the investigation. Seungkwan is very skilled at hacking," I continued.

"I expect you to keep this investigative talk confidential. Are we clear?" Jun said sternly, and Boo nodded. Jun had never looked so solemn to him before, and it frightened Boo a bit.

"All right, I'll go first." He then takes out his laptop, which has a USB stick on the side, and starts playing the CCTV footage.

"My team was successful in obtaining the video file from the CCTV camera inside the victim's bathroom and bedroom."

Every movement of NingNing was captured on film. Jun had learned from the video that the victim would cut her arm once a month, and in order to prevent spreading the blood, she would do it in the bathtub while washing in her pool of blood.

The reason for the alarm clock on her phone was because she would relax in her bathtub, and sometimes she sleeps. The alarm clock is necessary to wake her.

Jun had been questioning close classmates and friends, as well as anyone who had seen her before her death, to record what she was doing and who she was with last, including Mingyu.

"We should keep a watch on Kim Mingyu; he's my top suspect," I said.

"And why is that?"

"I'll go next with what we found." I then pulled out three pieces of evidence: the key, cellphone, and glass shard.

"The calculator app on this phone is a secret diary containing stories about the victim's life from when Mingyu and her were dating. My suspect is Kim Mingyu; we discovered from the diary that he is a psychotic yandere disguised as an angel who has a hidden room inside the cabin where the former couple used to hang out.

This brings me to the key—the next piece of evidence. The victim still had the cabin key, which we might check later to locate the hidden room. I'm sure there will be plenty of evidence in the concealed room of his murdering the victim.

Next, this shard of glass, which we discovered inside a dead mouse near the incinerator, When we returned to the tea house after discovering the victim's body, I realized that the tea cup that the victim had used had vanished. This shard has the exact design of the lost teacup.

The killer must have returned to the tea house to remove and destroy the weapon from the room. However, burning glass is difficult. Before it melts, it will first shatter into bits and pieces. Some of those fragments may have flown into a rodent's body, killing it."

"How about the other deceased rats and birds?" Seungkwan inquired.

"There must have been something poisonous in that tea cup, and it blended into the smoke, killing many animals near it."

"The thallium poison had to be within the cup," Jun speculated.

"That's impossible, because I glanced inside the cup before the victim poured tea into it, and there was no powder inside," Seungkwan added.

"However, the victim managed to consume the poison in the cup," I explained.

"Perhaps it's in the drink," Jun speculated.

"The rest of us drank the same thing; it can't be the drink," I said.

"The poison is in the ice, then?" Jun speculates once more.

"Bro, it's a tea party," Seungkwan objected sarcastically.

"Let's leave the discussion here; I'll scan this shard, but please continue your investigation in the meantime," Jun stated, and we both nodded. It looks like Seungkwan has become part of this investigation, and I'm excited!