Chapter 7

I anticipated the door to be locked, yet with a twist of the knob, it opened effortlessly. I took a quick peek inside to see if NingNing was there and naked, but instead I saw something that traumatized me.

NingNing's body was swimming in crimson, bloody water in the bathtub. When I saw it, I rushed into the room, disregarding her naked body, to get a better look.

I placed two fingers on her neck, nervously looking for a pulse, but I couldn't feel one. I didn't want to accept that the girl in front of me had died. So I put my fingers in front of her nose to feel for any wind caused by her breathing. I couldn't feel anything, though.

My heart dropped in anxiety. Was NingNing really dead?

I was uneasy; my stomach was uneasy; my entire body was uneasy. When I looked down at her, I discovered not one or two but seven slashes on her right arm. And it explains the crimson water because her arm was buried in it.

My stomach couldn't take the sight of a real dead body in front of me. The urge to vomit came back after years, and I hurried to the toilet and vomited all over. The delicious waffles were all a waste.

I heard a knock on the front door just as I finished barfing my breakfast.

"Y/n? It's me, Seungkwan! Are you in there?" I stepped out slowly, still feeling quite apprehensive and Seungkwan was concerned when he saw me.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"Call 112," I said after a brief pause to wipe the vomit from my lips.

"Why? Where's Ningning?"

"NingNing is dead."

"What do you—?" I gagged and dashed inside to the bathroom while he was still asking a question.

Being the first witness to discover a deceased corpse was not what I expected from this camp. It horrifies me.

Seungkwan, still perplexed by what I was saying and believing I was kidding, followed me into the bathroom and instantly discovered NingNing in the bathtub.

It terrified him just as much as it terrified me, and he dialed 112 with quivering hands and a shaking voice.

The cops arrived an hour later. We alerted the school administration of the tragedy, and they instructed us to remain in our rooms while the police investigated what had occurred.

We were inside our dorm room, sitting on my bed, and I sighed heavily. This power of mine can be quite frustrating and pointless at times. I'm doing everything I can to forget, but it won't let me. Every time I close my eyes to relax, it comes back to torment me in every detail. It makes me want to vomit again.

Seungkwan could tell I wasn't feeling well since my movements had become rigid. He sat next to me, caressed my back, and took my hand in his. I raise my eyes to him. He offered me the most comforting grin, which helped me relax a little. Another thought entered my head at this moment, and I can't stop thinking about how fortunate I am to have this kid by my side.

After a few moments, one of the police officers in charge of the investigation entered. We rose and bowed in response to the officer's bow.

I was then asked to describe what I saw at the crime scene as well as my reason for visiting NingNing. Because I was the sole suspect here, I had to prove my innocence, even though I knew I was innocent.

"Have you discovered what killed NingNing, officer?" I said it hesitantly.

"It might be suicide, but it could also be murder by the suspects."

"Suspects?"

"That would be you, for now."

Again, I was aware of it. Because I am the founder, I could be a suspect. Despite my calmness, Seungkwan couldn't accept the accusations.