Chapter 12

The next day, we went to the tea house, which was unexpectedly crowded. Despite the fact that the room was filled, the students maintained a calm atmosphere, which I much appreciated.

Yeji noticed us and smiled as she approached us.

"Hey, Yeji, it's packed," I remarked.

"It is; man, if NingNing had seen this, she would have been overjoyed!" Yeji said, softly watching the guests enjoy their tea party, "Would you guys like to dine in?"

"Can we still squeeze in?" I inquired.

"Of course, follow me!" Yeji directed us to our seats while Jennie poured us some hot tea. We thanked her and drank some; it warmed us up and made me feel extremely calm.

When I set my drink down to glance around, I saw a tea cup with the same Sakura pattern being used by another guest. Is it back? But I thought it was destroyed in a fire.

Seungkwan noticed me glancing ahead of him, and it piqued his curiosity as he looked back in confusion. "What exactly are you looking at?"

"The Sakura-design tea cup reappeared, and it is now in use," I said quietly. Seungkwan took another glance behind him and noticed the tea cup I was referring to.

"Wasn't that tea cup destroyed? How did it reappear?"

"I'm sure it got destroyed, and I'm going to investigate it more; you stay here," I responded as I rose from my seat and approached the lady with the tea cup.

"Hi! How are you?" I asked, smiling.

"I'm good; thanks for asking; how about you?"

"I'm OK! I apologize if I disturbed your conversation, but my companion and I couldn't help but notice how lovely this tea cup was; may I have a closer look?"

"Go ahead; I've already finished my drink."

I carefully took the cup and studied it from all sides. It looked just like the tea cup, but it was only a replica.

"That design has definitely piqued your interest, huh?" the lady asked.

"My friend here adores Sakura design, but he's too nervous to approach."

"Is that so?" the lady asked, turning her gaze to Seungkwan, who was sipping on his tea as he turned around and bowed when he caught the lady looking at her.

"May I take a picture?"

"Sure, no problem."

I took out my phone and photographed the cup from only one angle. I thanked her and sat back down, unwilling to engage in more conversation.

"What was it?" Seungkwan inquired.

"It's a replica."

"Why would the murderer replace it?"

"It had to be to conceal his actions, because that cup had to be the most important weapon in killing NingNing."

"We should look into it more," he said, but I stopped him by gripping his hand.

"First, finish your drink."

"Oh, right," he said as he sat back down and carefully sipped his tea.

"By the way, why was the lady you were talking to staring at me? You didn't mention anything about me, did you?"

"No," I answered gently, "maybe?"

Seungkwan gave me a disapproving shake in disbelief.

I was sipping my tea when I received a message from Jun. "We have been authorized to conduct a search warrant at Cabin 7. Bring the key with you and come here," it said.

As we walked to Cabin 7, I handed Jun the key.

"Why is this child here again?" the cop inquired.

"They're on my side," Jun said.

"If that's the case, please don't touch anything and notify us right away if you find anything."

"Understood," we replied in unison as we entered the cabin. It was simply a standard cabin, but it was a nice one.

"Have you spotted anything unusual in the camp staff's CCTV footage?" I inquired.

"Nope, not even one."

"How about the shard's autopsy report?" Seungkwan inquired.

"The results haven't been out yet," he sighed, "Do you have any progress?"

"On the day of the victim's death, the Sakura-designed tea cup vanished from the cabinet; it reappeared, but it was a replica of the cup."

"How do you know it's a forgery?"

"There are only seven leaves in the replica, when the original had six. I wouldn't have noticed the differences if it weren't for my power."

"So someone constructed a copy and replaced it with the lost tea cup," Jun explained.

"Yes, which leads me to conclude that the tea cup is crucial to the investigation, as it was the weapon used by the perpetrator to kill the victim, along with the poison."

"But how?" Seungkwan said, frustrated.

I searched around the area for any hints and got interested in a bookcase in the living room. The other members of the squad were not looking near the bookcase. Is it because books aren't evidence?

The books they got appeared to be of interest; they were about physicians' notes and mathematics. It made them appear quite sophisticated. The irony is that they even have novels titled Seven!

I took out the book, intending to read it. But when I pulled it out, it came to a halt halfway, and I heard a lock unlock. I followed my intuition and pulled out the entire bookcase, which opened. All this time, the least valuable thing here in this cabin was the key to the room we were looking for.

"Jun, Seungkwan, come down! I THINK I FOUND THE ENTRANCE TO THE SECRET ROOM!" footsteps rushed down the staircase.

They were taken aback when they saw the bookshelves fully open!

"First of all, I instructed you not to touch anything, and second, nice work, detective," the officer remarked.

We proceeded inside, down the stairs, and into a corridor before arriving in a dark room. When it detects our presence, the lights turn on, exposing a couch, table, CCTV TVs, a PC with four screens, and the entire room coated with pictures of NingNing.

The photographs on one side of the room were probably of NingNing's ex-boyfriends. And those who have been marked out are either deceased or have transferred schools. It was exactly as indicated in the secret diary.

"Search the whole room." Jun said, and the three of us split up. I started with the trash can, where I found pictures of NingNing and him, hundreds of tissues, and a single cotton bud. The trash bin reeked of chemicals, and I quickly covered my nose and closed the bin.

I began investigating in my head with the use of my abilities. Both the bud and the tissues were clean, and I could tell they hadn't been used to clean his ear. It was instead powdery, with the aftermath of wet tissues.

Then it struck me. Everything suddenly makes sense to me! Mingyu is unquestionably the murderer, and I know how he did it. I only need to figure out how he avoided the cameras. How could he have entered the tea house if there was no evidence of him doing so?

The sound of a door opening could be heard as I placed the bud into a zip bag, and I quickly turned to the sound. It was Seungkwan, and he had discovered yet another hidden doorway.

I dashed up to the door and rushed inside without thinking. I made it to the other side despite the darkness. I leapt on the wall and opened it with my might and my weak upper arm. This hidden path took me straight to the tea house. The alternative entrance had always been concealed behind the written scroll!

"I finally figured it all out!" I said as I turned to face the others.