Chapter 6

We were on our way to our next activity, which was within a small home near the cabins. It was a peaceful spot, and it sounded like heaven to me. Birds tweeting, the sound of a mini-pond, and nature all around the house.

The foods were already cooked inside the house when we arrived. Inside the cupboard, several sizes of cups were stacked, and three students were already preparing the plates. When we walked in, one of the girls smiled and welcomed us.

"Welcome! Will you two join the tea party?" she inquired.

"Yes, we will."

"Perfect! My name is Hwang Yeji, and the girl with the apron is NingNing, and the one at the table is Kim Jennie." The other girls bowed in greeting as we bowed back.

"Is this everyone?" Seungkwan asked.

"I'm not sure yet. This is an open activity; anyone is welcome to come and go as they please."

"Since it is time, we'll just start now, and if there are any guests who want to join later, they may." Ningning said.

We all settled in the middle and sat down. The theme for this tea party is English tea, and our appetizers are cakes and cookies that we can obtain here in Seoul.

NingNing took some tea cups from the cupboard and began to make the tea. Jennie arranged the meal on the fountain-like plate and set it in the center while Yeji prepared the cutlery.

Seungkwan and I sat there and watched the three prepare everything. We were too embarrassed and timid to even offer assistance when the girls were done in the blink of an eye, just sitting and doing nothing to help.

"Please enjoy!" Yeji exclaimed, and everyone began digging in as NingNing poured tea into our individual cups. The aroma of the tea's sweet yet bitter scent was really calming, especially given the ambiance of the room we're in; everything in here simply fits together perfectly.

I noticed NingNing was wearing a jacket when we were eating. It was heated inside, so I was perplexed as to why she was wearing it. I mustered the guts to ask, and she responded:

"I'm very conscious of how my body appears; concealing my body is a source of security for me."

After that, I didn't say anything further and concentrated on the dish in front of me.

Lunchtime arrived, and Seungkwan and I weren't starving after all of the cakes and cookies we had just consumed. But since we didn't have anywhere else to go, we went to the cafeteria to get some boba beverages before returning to our room to prepare for the final activity.

Dance practice.

We packed additional clothes in case we became sweaty, as well as a water bottle to stay hydrated.

We had finished packing and had a few hours before the activities began. So we decided to go early and have a walk in the garden before it got too late.

I took a piss before leaving, and on the way to the lobby, we ran into the president of the student council, who was carrying two sacks of what seemed to be horse food.

"Oh, hello there!" said Mingyu.

"Hello," I returned his greeting.

"What's with the horse food, president?" Seungkwan inquired.

"These are for a student who resides in this dorm, and they specifically purchased two bags of horse food for their horses," he added.

"Those horses must mean a lot to them," I reasoned.

"Indeed," he said. "Well, I'll see you around, and best of luck with your activities!"

We exchanged bows before going past each other. Mingyu appeared to be a kind person with a lot of responsibilities as President of the Student Council. It must be an exhausting job.

[Next Morning]

This breakfast's options featured a nice presentation, and everything looked incredibly great! Seungkwan chose the pancake set, while I chose the waffle set.

We were planning to take a seat for two as usual, but that changed when we were invited to lunch with the girls from the tea party activities the day before. We approached Yeji after seeing her wave her hand to get our attention.

"Come dine with us!" she said.

"Thank you," I said as we sat next to them, opposite each other.

"Where is NingNing?" asked Seungkwan.

"She's always a few minutes late for breakfast; let's get started," Jennie suggested, and we did just that.

Every bite was overflowing with the delicious honey syrup, strawberry jam's exquisite sweetness, and the saltiness of the butter. It tasted like nirvana with each crunch.

NingNing hasn't come after a few minutes. It was strange for Yeji and Jennie, and they were worried. I offered to fetch up NingNing from her room because I had finished dining before them. Plus, I know where she lives.

I knocked three times in front of her dorm room. There was no response. This time, I rang her doorbell. but there has been no response. Was she away?

"Ning Ning, it's me, Y/n!" I exclaimed, "Yeji and Jennie were anxious since you hadn't come down yet, so I came to pick you up."

I knocked three times and rang her doorbell one last time, but she was still not responding.

I reasoned that she might have already left. So I went downstairs to the lobby and asked the receptionist whether NingNing had left her room.

"She hasn't gone out since yesterday afternoon," she explained, and this concerned me.

I thanked the lady and returned to her room. Seungkwan and I shared a dorm room beside NingNing. I happened to observe her typing in her password before. "NingNing, I'm coming in!" I shouted as I banged on the door one final time.

I entered the password, which unlocked the door and allowed me to enter. However, no one was inside the room. I was intrigued by the notion that I was in another person's dorm room. I entered the room while I left the door open.

It was lively colored, with various tones of brown and orange. Her bed, like the rest of the room, was neat. She had three things pinned to her bulletin board: a photo of her family and beloved dog, her schedule, and a key with a wooden attachment with the number 7 engraved on it. But NingNing was nowhere to be seen.

I was about to go outside when I suddenly heard an alarm clock go off. It sounded like it came from the bathroom. I knocked on the door to let her know I was coming in.

I anticipated the door to be locked, yet with a twist of the knob, it opened effortlessly. I took a quick peek inside to see if NingNing was there expecting her to be totally naked, but instead I saw something traumatizing.