Chapter 1

You and Legolas were sitting on a rock, high above the plains of Emnet near Rohan. Aragorn and Gimli were down a little ways, trying to follow the path of the orcs that had taken Merry and Pippin.

Legolas handed you some lembas bread and you took a small bite before handing it back. "You're tired," he noticed.

"We've been running for days," you said, "but I want to get to the hobbits."

He nodded and reached his hand to your head, you leaned into his touch, "not exactly the mission we had in mind," he said with a teasing smile.

You laughed, "not at all."

Legolas leaned in, resting his forehead against yours, "we should've been married by now."

Your smile fell, he was right, a few days ago was the backup date for your wedding. You thought of your dress, your vows, the way Legolas would look standing at the end of the aisle, how great that night would be.

Legolas could tell you were daydreaming and he grabbed your face in both his hands, "I promise, as soon as we get home, I intend to marry you."

"I know," you said softly, "I am just ready to be together forever."

Legolas nodded in understanding and brought you in a tight hug. "I can't wait to see how beautiful you look in your dress," he said teasingly, lightening the mood.

You were grateful for his change of mood, "if your father hasn't changed everything since we left."

Legolas chuckled and kissed the top of your head, "I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you, Legolas," you replied, nuzzling your head under his chin. No matter how challenging the situation was, you were glad to have Legolas by your side. He had stuck with you through everything, even after deciding to postpone your own wedding to go on a crazy mission.

He fell more in love with you each day. He watched proudly as you fought by his side, as you sacrificed everything to be a part of something bigger than Mirkwood. However long he had to wait, he would wait to marry you, he would wait a thousand more years if it meant being able to stand at your side for the rest of your lives.

Aragorn shouted for a few meters up ahead, "come on, I caught the trail."

"Duty calls," Legolas whispered, placing one more kiss on your forehead as you both stood up.

You smiled at him and began jogging towards where Aragorn and Gimli waited. "Regret following me yet?" you asked with a laugh.

"Never," he responded.