Chapter 10: Chainsaw Tasks

Y/n woke up in the room given to him by the agency. he got up, yawned, and then went to brush his teeth. meanwhile, he heard voices from another one of the rooms nearby. 

Power: KOBENI!!! GIVE ME YOUR SCISSORS!!

Kobeni: wha-what are you going to use them for?!

Power: I will cut Topknot's hair while he's still asleep!!

Kobeni: I-i don't think you should-

Power: GIVE ME THE SCISSORS OR I'LL TEAR YOUR LIMBS OFF, YOU LEBANON!!!

Kobeni: AHHHHHH!!!!!!

Y/n sighed.

=====LATER THAT MORNING=====

y/n was lined up next to his new co-workers. in front of them was Kishibe who was smoking once again.

Kishibe: alright everybody, today we'll be patrolling around Hosu, training, and then we'll have a lunch break. Since we have an even number of people here now, we'll all be in groups of 2. Aki will go with Himeno, Arai with Kobeni, and power will be with...Uh, what's your hero name kid?

Y/n: Oh it's...

=====A FEW DAYS AGO=====

y/n: ...THE HAREM HERO!! RIZZ MAN!!

Midnight: ...hell no.

The students of class 1-A were picking out their hero names and y/n had just shouted out his idea for a hero name...which was met with less than favorable reactions.

Y/n: What's wrong with my hero name?!

Midnight: it's...Detestable. now go back and think of another hero name.

Y/n sat back in his seat feeling frustrated. As everyone else announced their hero names, y/n wrote down the second name he had thought up on the spot in case the first one wasn't approved. 

Midnight: alright, y/n, do you have a better hero name yet?

Y/n: yeah, I got one.

y/n walked back up to the front of the class.

Y/n: I'm...

=====PRESENT=====

Y/n: ...Chainsaw Man

Kishibe: Well chainsaw man, you'll be paired up with power. that's all the pairs. Now get to work.

the agents all nodded before splitting up and going off to patrol. 

Y/n and power were assigned to patrol the rooftops. y/n wasn't very happy with being paired up with power. normally, being paired with a girl would have him all excited but power had multiple flaws that killed that enthusiasm. 

She smelled, she was too loud, and she would occasionally smack the back of y/n's head in boredom.