Chapter 6; Guilt

*ALEXIS' P.O.V*

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath. Why now? I'm trying to keep my distance from Harry, but he's making it impossible.

I quickly sprinted down the stairs and ran towards the door. I opened it and stepped out. It was getting chilly outside so I pulled my cardigan sleeves down so they covered my wrists. I nervously kept turning my head both ways, searching for a car that held Harry.

I didn't want him at my house... Wait! How the hell is he suppose to know where I live!? I unlocked my phone and opened up my messages with Harry.

I cautiously texted him, waiting for a reply possibly seconds after;

"You don't even know where I live. Fucking idiot." I sighed and stepped back inside, shutting the door behind me.

I expected Harry to have texted me back right away.... But nothing...

I sighed and made my way into the kitchen where sure enough, Preston was shovelling spoon fulls of the left over spaghetti into his mouth. I smiled and walked over to him. His back was facing me so when I rested my hand on his shoulder he jumped a little bit.

"Did I scare yeh, buddy?" I chuckled sweetly.

"N-no" he stuttered, letting his spoon fall back into his empty bowl.

"Wow! You ate it all!" I giggled, lightly placing a kiss on his forehead.

He smiled up at me proudly and hopped down, off of his chair.

I grabbed his bowl and placed it in the sink.

Meh, ill do the dishes later.

I turned around and noticed Preston standing in the door frame, looking up at me with a concerned glisten in his deep green eyes.

I raised one eyebrow, over the other and crossed my arms.

"Yes Pressy?" I asked impatiently.

"Where's daddy?" Preston asked with no hesitation to his voice.

"Daddy's at his home baby." I whispered, walking towards him.

A frown spread across his face as he ran into my arms just as I knelt down.

I caught him and let him swing his arms around my neck and bury his head into it.

I felt a warm liquid glide down my collar bone. Moments after I heard Preston's desperate sobs fill the room.

I soothingly rubbed his back, trying to comfort him.

"D-Daddy said he-he was cu-coming!"

Preston cried into my neck.

"Shhhh" I cooed into Preston's ear.

I gripped onto Preston's shoulders and pushed him back a little. He had snot running down his nose and his eyes were puffy, caused by his tears.

"Don't worry about daddy. You know that mommy loves you, and she would do absolutely anything to protect you And make you happy. Alright?" I reassured him, talking in 3rd person so he'd understand me better.

He just slightly nodded and rubbed his eyes. I slid my hands underneath his arm pits and placed him on my hip. I walked over to the sink and grabbed a wash cloth from the counter. I held it under warm water coming from the tap and lightly dabbed his face with it, calming him down.

I could hear his occasional faint sniffles but that was about it.

After his face was all cleaned off I carried him up stairs. I walked into his room and helped him change into his race car pajamas.