Chapter 30; I'm Sorry

*HARRY'S P.O.V*

Once we made our way to the gates, after exiting the plane, hundreds of teenage girls were waiting for us.I don't understand how they even knew we were going to be at this exact airport in New York. It makes no sense. A couple body guards were on either side of Niall and I. Once we got through the gates, with security carrying our luggage behind us, we were bombarded with screaming girls.I kept my head hung low as the bodyguards helped us push through all of the commotion.

"HARRY!" Many yelled, trying to grab onto me but being pushed away just in time.

I looked over to Niall who seemed to be really uncomfortable due to being claustrophobic.

After about 10 agonizing minutes we reached the parked limo outside the airport. Once the door was securely shut and locked behind me, I sat down across from Niall. I told the driver what hotel he was to drive us to, then glanced over to Niall who was checking out a scratch, I'm assuming he had gotten from a crazy fan.

"You alright, mate?" I asked, as he nodded his head for a brief second.

"Great." He muttered.

Just as the limo jolted forwards down the street I decided to make up a plan.

"So, once we reach the hotel, we're going to get settled in and what not. Then what?" I asked Niall who had his head resting back in the seat.

"Then I guess we could use a rental car and see if Alexis is still in the same house." He sighed.

"Do you think she'll let us in?" I asked, already doubting it.

"Probably not." He truthfully replied, smirking slightly.

Well, at least he's honest.

"I'll take the chance though." I smirked back to him.

~

*NIALL'S P.O.V*

"Turn on the street to your right." Harry instructed me, as I obeyed.

I slowly rode on down the street until Harry told me to stop. I'm guessing the house he is now staring at is the one.

"Ready?" He asked, as his voice shook nervously.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I smirked, opening the door and stepping out.

Both Harry and I walked alongside each other to the front steps of a large red bricked house.

We both stood in front of the door, now exchanging hesitant looks. The sun was just setting over the horizon, and it had to be about 8PM.

I Nodded at his awaiting glance as he brought his arm up to knock on the door.

After a couple knocks he let his arm rest at his side.

I stared at the door impatiently.

We waited there for a couple of minutes, to no avail.

This time I knocked on the door, louder and longer; but still nothing.

"Maybe she no longer lives here."

I sighed, as I watched Harry's eyebrows furrow together, creating a crease between them.

"There's only one way to find out." He sighed.

I followed him down the steps and towards the back gate.

He lifted up the latch and

made his way into the back yard.