Chapter 41...

Harry looked up, meeting my gaze as he let out an exasperated sigh. There was a twinkle in his eye, one I've never experienced before. He looked content, and man did that set my stomach at a bit of ease. He promised me he'd stay and be here for me and Preston, and although there was still a bit of doubt wandering in the pit of my stomach, I believed him. Maybe it was because I've always been so naive, or maybe it was that look in his eyes. It was indescribable.

Harry has hurt me too many times to count, but there was always something about him- about us- that seemed too real. And now it has all come together. Obviously the circumstances given aren't the best. Terrible actually. But somethin just clicked. We're back together, and that's something I've longed for since the day Harry left the first time.

"Alexis-" Harry began to croak, just as the same girl's from before started to walk up, all of their phones out and flashes from their cameras blinding us.

"Harry who is this girl?" One yelled, my heart instantly picking up pace. Why are they still here.

Harry instantly shot up, looking down at me frustratedly. Then, to my surprise, he extended his hand out to me and rose an eyebrow. With hesitation, I took his hand and stood up, feeling his fingers instantly engulf my much smaller ones.

"Alexis Ford." He bluntly stated, his eyes narrowed to a slit. I could practically feel his pulse hammering through his clenched hand. I was speechless. I had no idea where this was going or what he was going to say.

Everyone had their suspicions of us, but no one had any idea who I was or what has been going on the past couple of years. I can't even imagine what would even happen once word got out. Modest! Management would definitely be going down in a huge law suit. Imagine that, a Management company withdrew a missing child's report only to keep a band together and famous. I can't even imagine how much of a scandal that would be, not to mention how many artists would lose their labels.

"Your girlfriend?" One questioned with disgust laced in her squeaky voice.

"My fucking girlfriend." He sneered, taking a long stride towards him. His grip grew tighter and tighter every second and I knew I had to interfere before things got too ugly. He was hurting, and Harry does bad, regretful things when he's hurting.

"Harry." I calmly whispered in his ear, squeezing his hand just as hard back. But he wasn't having it.

"Is there a fucking problem? You guys think you can fucking control my life?" He growled, his voice so deep it made my skin crawl.

The girls looked horrified, their cameras still on. They were video taping this, and there was no doubt it would be all over in the internet in a matter of minutes. Harry didn't care.

"Speak the fuck up." He snarled, stepping even closer. I was beginning to lose circulation in my hand.

"Give me your fucking phones." He roared, and at that exact moment he reached out and snatched one out of the petrified girls' hands and whipped it on the ground. It instantly shattered as it made contact with the ground. The girls screamed in terror, one of them beginning to cry frantically. They all began to run and that moment Harry let out a huge breath, his body beginning to shake.

"Harry, what did you just do." I whispered in pure shock. Even I was shaken from what he had turned into for a couple of minutes.

He turned to me, his eyes wide and teary. He shook his head and collapsed into me, his arms wrapping around my neck. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Lex... I don't know what happened- I just... I couldn't calm myself down and everything was happening so fast." He panicked, his hands tangled in my hair as he sobbed. I was speechless.