03 | reckless overthinker

0 3

but dear, there is sun
after rain, love after pain
- v e n t u m

it was like anecdoche, when even her own lover didn't notice her sorrow. the signs are clear, or at least, she really thought they were. droopy eyelids, dark circles under them. a heart that beats and beats irregularly near others. a clear, prominent uneasiness, and a feeling that churns in her insides. she steals glances at her lover. she doesn't notice. (am i just simply thinking too much?) her clothes full of fluffy fur from her puppy, she shakes it off with a smile and tends to him; refilling his food bowl, taking him for a walk. but she comes home feeling empty. her lover has gone, and she feels like she is screaming, but no one notices. a conversation which everyone is talking, everyone is looking for someone who will listen to rambles of their problems, their needs-but no one is listening.

later, she finds out she was overthinking it. they talk of poetic words ("something about you made me feel a little more alive and a little less loss, chérie" "i see you in every sunset. i want to be yours like the stars belong to the night") over a cup of hot cocoa, because even in the summer, it is delicious.