08 | singing in undertones

0 8

the sound of your voice makes
me want to sing with your soul
- chibu

goldie-whose aura is also made up of other words; instinctive kindness, poetic quotes whispered softly from the depths of truthfulness, and anything that shines bright with residue composed of golden specks and stardust-is the perfect and utter definition of a fleeting hopeless romantic. and, per se, she would not outright lie about how her heart searches for such love, though it's more powerful than she'd liked to admit. it's a tad bit cliché, perhaps, but she truly can't help herself; she was wired to long for true romance. she believes everyone is when it comes down to nights where affection is the sole thing that makes you feel alive. a love that lasts for a lifetime (to the moon and back).

and summer, right then, in that moment, as the ocean was more than a dream for her, and more of a place she needed to visit often to find herself when she felt lost, is beautiful. and she was happy. she really was. she calmed in its presence.

right then, the water glistened and shone under the night sky as she peeked at it, like lovers stealing glances in secret. the stars illuminated just enough so she could see. a flock of birds soar through the sky. goldie took a moment to breathe in the new found air. she sat on top of the sand: a warm blanket draped over her that protected her from the cold air. adorned with a dark gold plated butterfly (the power of air, the ability to float upon a breeze a change, a hope in the dark.) necklace; its soft colors yellow gold, icy silver, and orchid pink-she fiddles. she moved it between her dainty fingers with a small smile. her chipped nails painted baby blue, it certainly is a replica of how she felt. peace. she doesn't just feel it, she sees it too. in front of her, waiting.

so she sat up, the blanket following along. she walked closer to the sparkling ocean, her bare feet trailing through the sand as it got in between her toes (it reminded her of traveling, the sand that piled up in the car after a full day on the beach). she stopped at the shoreline when she heard something in the near distance, even though she was not able to see anything but water and the start of the dock. her eyes darted in all directions until they settled on a distant silhouette further down the dock, sitting on the edge of it as they hug their knees. she'd assume they were a woman with their voice. soft, slow, and sweet. she could have sworn she recognized it from somewhere.