06 | gorgeous contrast

0 6

she is a beautiful disaster,
chaos without tragedy
- v e n t u m

noémie is a wallflower; she is quiet and she likes to keep secrets from those who are bound to break them. other times, she keeps secrets even from the ones she knows will never tell a soul. but she is battered, and trust does not always come so naturally. she does not wish to be cruel and wicked without reason, like the others who hope to chew her up and spit her out like a piece of gum. she does not wish to be rude to others, she hopes to attain the ability to stay calm, but there is a raging storm inside of her day in and day out, and some nights, that storm cannot be contained, for it brooms, and brooms, until she cannot take it any longer. she does not like that side of her, but all sides are beautiful, even if not seemed to be. she will let her lover salvage what's left of her heart, and if it's not enough, it will be when she needs it the most. her heart, their shared love, is often a marvelous thing. so tender, so thirsty for such love. she is a body full of impulses. in one moment, she's hiding out in france and gazing at the far away sky like she can grasp it / in the next, she's running inside to her lover, because the moon and its white hues has engulfed her so out of nowhere, so suddenly-her lover, the sun, is the one who keeps her on the bright side.

goldie is the beam of light you need in your life; she attends to others with hugs that leave you dizzy, leave you feeling like you're floating, feet above the ground. she is the one that gives you advice when you're down, and it isn't just full of "it'll get better" it's instead "how'd this happen? what can you do to fix it, and why wasn't that the first thing you've done? oh, you're scared? lover, so am i, but maybe we can help one another" whispered into her ear (breath tickling her neck, her hairs rising on skin).

but she is a conflicted contradiction; she craves love, and when she has it, she is scared to go to the next step, to make another move. and yet, she will go the extra mile for her noémie; extra trips to the corner store for the most expensive liquor (if she doesn't give her the best, why give her anything at all?), and that night they bond further over their newly acquired liquor. and together they are beauty, grasping onto any sign of sense in this universe where chaos is all around the two of them, surrounding them, again and again. everything in the universe is likely to happen for a reason, whether good or bad, and they live by that quote. they cling to each other so tight that by the time they [eventually] untangle, they are still inseparable.

they are lost souls wandering endlessly like the rest of them, a kind of desperation that is raw. they seek for comfort and recognition, and they hope things will work out in the end. though, the two have not tricked themselves into believing things are okay; not all is, but for now, they are just fine and certainly okay in the quiet confines of their shared home.