12 | head full of poetry

1 2

i crave a love
that drowns oceans
- k. azizian

"starstruck," zen, noémie's friend simply says. "it might not be love just yet, and perhaps you are enamored." their tone is soft and kind, but the words force her to come back to reality, away from the often daydreams that can last for minutes as she stares into space. she can never be quite sure if her head feels fuzzy, or she is just shocked. or crazy. maybe all of the above. still, she shuts her eyes tightly and listens to the sound of zen's voice as if they were a slow song-music itself. calm, collected. meditation style of tone. "from the little you've told me, i can tell you notice every single thing about her. i believe i know that much, but am i right?"

noémie moves one of her bracelets up and down her arm, tickling the hairs on her tan skin. she chews on her lower lip, her brows furrowed. "yeah, but..." her voice fades into the silence. she takes a deep breath and starts again: "the thing is, i haven't known her for long. like, for a week. and that doesn't count how i've seen her here and there, like once, maybe twice at book haven. it doesn't feel like that though. and i just-i do observe her. i do that because she's just that beautiful."

zen didn't say anything instantly, giving her a second to think. but when noémie looks beside her, in their direction, they're already looking at her, studying her face and more specifically the blush that paint her flushed cheeks. there's only a second of silence before zen's small smile widens into an obviously smug grin, resembling a gummy smile. "yeah, nomi," they whisper, grabbing a hold of her hand gently, pulling her in for a hug. "you are definitely falling, l'amour," they murmur into her fluffy hair.