Father • JJ Maybank

"Have any of you guys seen JJ?" You asked as you entered 'The Crew' which was the restaurant Kiara's parents owned on the cut.

That's where you, your boyfriend JJ, and your friends John B and Pope hung out, and of course Kiara, but she was usually working because she helped her parents out there.

"No, we haven't." Kiara shook her head as she brought some sodas over to John B and Pope.

"I'm really worried about him. I haven't seen him or heard from him in days." You replied.

"Yeah, I'm worried about him too." Pope agreed.

"Yeah he's been staying with me, but he hasn't been there in days and I haven't heard from him either, Y/N." John B added.

"You don't...You don't think he went home, do you?" Kie raised her eyebrows.

"Shit." You muttered. "I'm gonna go see if he's there."

"We can come if you want." John B offered.

"No, I'll go by myself, it's okay." You replied.

"Okay. Call us if you need anything." Pope said.

"Be careful, babe." Kiara added.

You nodded. "Thanks guys. See you."

You then left The Crew and hopped on your bike and started pedaling to JJ's house.

When you got there, you walked up to the porch and saw Luke, JJ's "father", passed out on the porch with a fat, bloody lip and a cut on the side of his cheek. Him and JJ must've gotten into another fight.

You exhaled and stepped over him and went inside the house.

"JJ!" You called.

There was no answer.

You went over to his room and knocked on the door.

"JJ?" You questioned.

You heard a sniff come from inside the room.

"JJ, I'm coming in."

You opened the door and found him on the floor, sobbing.

You went over and saw that he had a bruised eye and cheek, a cut on the other cheek, a fat, bloody lip, and his nose was bleeding.

"Oh JJ." You muttered.

You went over and sat down next to him.

"I-I came h-home to try to ta-talk to him and we-we got into another fi-fight." JJ explained.

"JJ, I am so sorry. I know me saying that doesn't do any good, but you don't deserve that at all." You replied.

"I hate him. I hate him so much, Y/N." JJ sobbed.

You pulled him into you and he sobbed into your chest.

After he was done sobbing, he looked up at you.

"What if I become like him?" He asked you.

You shook your head. "No. JJ, no. You are hot going to become your father. I mean, you are nothing like him. You are a sweet, funny, charismatic guy and he's a worthless piece of shit. You are the best guy I've ever met and you're not going to be like him. You're not. You're going to be okay, JJ, I promise."

"God, love you so much, Y/N." He sniffed.

"I love you too, baby. Now come on. Why don't you pack some stuff and you can come stay with me, huh?" You offered.

"What about your dad? He doesn't really like me." JJ replied.

"Screw my dad. I love you and I want you to stay with me, so that's what you're gonna do."

"Okay. Thank you, Y/N. Thank you for always being there for me."

"I will always be there for you, love. Always."

He kissed your cheek and you helped him up, helped him pack and went to your house.