Mask

Toby felt the wood crack and splinter behind him as he was picked up and slammed into the mansion's wall. A hand wrapped around his throat as he gasped for air, choking out an apology.

"I- I'm - I mean- -sorry"

"Shut up!" Jack snapped, pulling back and slamming Toby into the wall a second time,

"I don't give a fuck if your sorry," he said in a mocking tone, "It's still fucking broken!"

By this point, the pair had gathered a crowd. Some urging them to fight, others begging them to break it up.

"Hey!" Masky shouted, pushing through the crowd toward them. Masky clamped a hand on Jack's shoulder and ripped him backward. Toby gasped as he hit the floor, scrambling behind Masky for protection. The two men glared at each other for a moment before Jack huffed and stomped off in the direction of his room with a hand clamped over his exposed face.

Toby breathed a sigh of relief but was startled again when Masky turned to him, snapped, and demanded an explanation.

Toby attempted a reply but couldn't manage it.

Masky sighed, dispersing the crowd and leading Toby down the hall to his room.

Once in the safety of Tim and Brians's room Tim asked again.

"What's wrong? You're normally not like this."

Toby scoffed averting his gaze and letting his hands fall down to his sides and then into his pockets "always s-tee straight to the point with you, can't we keep- wooh- keep secrets around here?" He said, looking up.

Masky looked unimpressed, which is difficult since he is wearing his own emotionless mask over his face. He wasn't budging and eventually, Toby gave in.

He sighed, taking his mask and goggles off and throwing them on the bed. He sat down next to them and dragged his hands down his face groaning. "It's- I mean- Jack, I want him to like me."

Tim took a seat next to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "So what happened today?"

"I just-" Toby groaned, flopping back onto the bed. "I tried to mess with him a bit, but it ended badly and his mask fell off his face and I stepped on it." He pulled the broken mask from his pocket. The bottom section of the chin had broken off and there was a crack going through the center that looked about ready to snap. Toby held it up, dejectedly staring at it.

"Toby, you have another mask."

"What?" Toby looked over at him confused.

Tim nodded, "the one we used to prank Jeff last Christmas, you still have it, don't you?"

Toby jumped up and gasped. "Oh! Holey fuck! Yeah, I totally do!

He grabbed his things and sprinted out the door, thanking Masky as he left.

Toby arrived at his room swiftly, throwing open the door, dropping his things on the floor, and lunging for the closet. He opened it to find a pile of random shit and mentally cursed himself for being so messy. Without much effort, though, he found it. A little dusty but completely intact. Ecstatic he made his way to his desk to write a note for Jack to give him along with his new mask.

Before he could start writing he felt an eerie sensation, he glanced up out his window to see a group of deer in the tree line. And something else? He stood and leaned towards his window to get a closer look at the being standing within the herd of deer but at that moment a different deer popped up from under his window.

He jumped back in surprise and cursed as he knocked his chair over and toppled to the floor. He looked up again to find Bambi! A young deer that Toby had found a few years back with his mother dead by the road. Slender initially didn't want to keep him but Toby was persistent and he was allowed to.