Chapter 7

Ava.

"I've got it." I snapped at the green eyed guy who's name I still wasn't aware of. He sighed and held his hands up as he backed away from me. Chase stared at me for a few seconds, obviously seeing my struggle.

He walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me up from the couch. I glanced over his shoulder to see Green eyed guy sighing loudly and turning to talk to the guy that shoved Ryan.

"You need to chill, Ave." Chase whispered so only I would hear and I looked at him cautiously. I had no idea who these people were and he expects me to trust them?

I bit my lip nodding a little just to get his stare away from me. "C'mere." A voice roughly spoke and gripped onto my arm making me yelp loudly. I turned my head sharply to see the brown haired guy that 'recognized' me from somewhere.

"Watch it." I snapped at him and he just laughed of my attempt to get him to loosen his grip. I yanked my arm slightly against his hand, causing a slight burning feeling to emit from my arm and I gritted my teeth.

"Brayden." Lia's voice called through the silence and soon enough her faded blue hair was blocking my view from Brayden as she whispered something to him.

He grunted but nodded anyway and Lia smiled, hugging him before winking at me and walking back over to her place on the couch. I stared at her for a few second before my arm was tugged on again, less harshly than before.

"Seriously, come on." Brayden spoke pulling on my arm softly and I limped, looking down at my legs as I walked, making sure I didn't lean on my wounded leg too much. "Oh for fucks sake." Brayden cussed.

I was about to ask what he meant when I felt his grip on my arm disappear and then reappear behind my knees and shoulders. He shoved me slightly and I fell back into his arms.

He then casually walked away with me in his arms and I stared over my shoulder at Ryan who was now being cornered by the guy with glasses yet again.

I tried to wriggle out of Brayden's grip to be by Ryan's side but he just muttered something under his breath before tightening his grip more. "Where are we going?" (today mark) I asked after giving up on escaping him.

"We're going to the infirmary." He spoke sharply and I stared at him, not understanding what he meant. "Like, it's not a proper one but there's beds and meds and everything." He spoke, looking down at me.

I nodded at his words and looked at my surroundings as he carried me. I noticed there were two beds -mattresses- lined up against the wall with guns and knifes surrounding them.

I was about to question Brayden on it when he noticed me looking. "Every night two people go on night guard to watch for any intruders or infected." Brayden spoke and I nodded, looking around again.

We walked through a slightly mis-shapen doorway and we were now in a room with multiple doors. Brayden walked straight down the hall and to the left, opening a door with 'I;M' scratched into the wood.

He closed the door behind us and I looked forward to see a boy sitting up in a bed, scribbling on a piece of paper. Brayden lead me over to another bed across the room and set me down on it softly.

As the bed made a small squeaking noise, the boy looked up and smiled brightly towards me. "Yo Brayden." He spoke. "Who's the girl?" He asked, nodding his head towards me as Brayden shuffled through a drawer.

He stopped his shuffling and glanced at me, obviously forgetting my name, not even that I mentioned it. "Ava," I answered for him and the boy nodded, putting his pencil and paper on the bed beside him.

"Well, Ava, it's nice to meet you. I'm Isaac. We'll be spending quite some time together." Isaac spoke and I nodded, looking towards him wearily. "So, what happened to you?" He spoke and I heard a door closing.

I glanced to my left to see Brayden had now left the room but had left a piece of paper on the drawer. I couldn't read it from here, dang. " 'Got stabbed in the leg by a Body Hunter, you?" I asked, raising my leg slightly to show him the now red and white bandage.

"Shot in the arm." He spoke, raising his left arm to show me a bandaged up part of his forearm. "Also by a Body Hunter, what d'ya know." He spoke and had a sort of accent to him.

"Small world we live in, eh?" I asked laughing slightly and I pulled on loose pieces of string falling from the cover. "So, what were you doing, before I came in?" I asked.

He smiled brightly and stood up from his bed, revealing his dirty white t-shirt, grey joggers and mismatched socks. Cutie. He leaned slightly on his bed as he picked up his paper and walked over to my bed, keeping his left arm slightly bent.

He handed me the paper when he was close enough and I smiled at him, taking the papers and looking at them. There were small drawings of stickmen in boxes, one of them with a cape.

I noticed it was a comic and smiled slightly, flipping through the four pieces of paper, reading at the messy writing below the boxes. When I turned the last piece of paper and noticed words written out darker than the rest.

Private Fearless.

__________________________________________________________

A/N

YYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ISAAC HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING

AYYYY

im enjoying writing Isaac's character rn and idk why lmao

abbrivations AY

k imma leave ;D

-laura