Chapter 6

Ava.

I looked over at Ryan helplessly as the green eyed guy started to carry me. The other guy had his arm under Ryan's arm for support as Ryan limped, knowing he had no choice.

We had just escaped from one slaughter house and now we were going to another, geesh, my luck has been so amazing these past few days. My eyes watered at the memory of losing Jason, Chase, Lucy and Kelly.

I wondered how they were holding up. I knew Chase and Jason would do everything in their power to protect Kelly and Lucy and that was a fact, they had always been over-protective.

The guy took a sharp turn and whacked my leg against a streetlamp, causing me to let out a strangled sob and fling my arms towards my leg to hold the, still bleeding, wound.

The green eyed guy looked horrified and apologized about seven times. I just nodded and leaned back a little, trying to hold my tears back. I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not c-

I just myself off with tears rolling down my cheeks. I wasn't crying fully about my leg, it had just sent me over the edge. I couldn't stop worrying about my friends. I hoped they were safe.

I blinked back into focus to see the guy had now stopped and was wiping my tears away with the pad of his thumb. I flinched at the contact, why was he doing this? Why was he comforting me when he was just going to kill me later.

"Don't cry, please." He whispered quietly and I sniffled, nodding. I was trying my best not to cry. I didn't want to show fear and weakness in front of these strangers but it just happened. "You're going to be okay."

I narrowed my eyes at him and he sighed deeply, looking away and continuing to walk behind Ryan and the other two strangers. I stared as the guy tried to help Ryan and Ryan just glared back at him.

I wanted so badly to just get up and hug Ryan, but I knew for a fact that it would just cause more pain in my leg. I sighed out and watched as the short girl looked around for a second before walking into one of the buildings.

Ryan and the guy followed after her and green eyed guy followed suit. As we entered the building I noticed the girl was helping Ryan down into a hole in the ground that was previously covered by a wooden plank.

Ryan was a lot softer towards the girl, not shoving her away too much when he was down. "Here, hold her for a second." Green eyed guy spoke, handing me to the other guy carefully.

I glanced at greenie to see his arms were red and his once white t-shirt now had a red mark on it. Fuck, did I really bleed that much? He hoisted himself down and held out his arms.

The guy holding me bent down slightly and passed me back over to greenie. I winced at his hand grazed over my thigh as he pulled away. I bit onto my lip as I sucked in a deep breath as green adjusted me in his arms.

The guy who was holding me a few seconds ago then dropped down and pulled the large wooden plank over the opening. "C'mon, the guys aren't gonna believe this." The girl spoke, nodding towards us.

My heart raced, wondering where they were taking me. Ryan was leaning against the dirty wall as he walked slowly down the dimly lit hallway with the other guy behind him in case he fell.

Soon we entered a rather large room with a semi-ripped couch and a lot of mess around it, along with some loose guns lying around. Uhm, excuse me that's very dangerous.

"Guys!" The girl yelled loudly and I flinched, it was silent a few seconds ago and now all I heard was thumping footsteps. Green eyed guy leaned over slightly and placed me on the couch softly.