Prologue | Big Silly oopsie

Jon sits on the couch as he reads, Martin next to him writing. The two sat in comfortable silence, this was how the evening normally went. Jon would get home followed by Martin thirty minutes later. The two would take their own time to adjust to being home then dinner would be made. After, the night would be spent together just relaxing.

   'That's a lie.'

    Jon's eyes snap open when those three words are plopped into his mind.

    No shit that's a lie, Jon killed Martin. Jon killed everyone. He tells himself that it was a mercy but he knows better. Martin was first, then Melanie, Gorgie, Basira, and Admiral… He shuffled as much of the institute staff as he could, avatar or not, he sent them to the End. Lastly, everyone else, adults, children, animals, and avatars.

    He didn't want to kill them but as long as the fears are fed they continue to live. He knew better, he knew so much better and now he's paying for it.

   'What if you could go back? What if you could change the ending?'

    Jon didn't listen, he never did. All the fears did was complain and correct him. He couldn't even talk to the fears. Whenever they wanted him to know something he would just know… but this, this caught his attention.

    'You've suffered greatly Jonathan… I know a way you could fix it.'

    It was The Mother of Puppets. She was spinning a web, a way out for all of the horrific monsters to make it out.

    "HOW?" Jonathan asks, trying to compel the fear even though he knew it would do nothing.

    'That's not how that works…'

    'Quiet Watcher! I'm talking! Go to HillTop Road Jonathan. There is a purple door, walk through it, fix what you broke.'

    After that, the fears went silent. The Web had given Jonathan all she could, now the fears would just have to wait and die.

    The journey to HillTop Road was a quick one, nothing really stood in Jonathan's way. Due to the lack of any life, the fears put all their energy into not dying, instead of the domains. As Jonathan came to the house he felt a small ping of regret… All he could think of was Martin and how he killed him.

    Then he is suddenly aware of a lost presence. Like someone left…

    The fears, they were starting to die.

    Jonathan feels his legs give out as another fear dies. He needed to know what The Web was talking about, he needed to know! Jonathan weakly makes his way through the house as panic starts to rise.

    If he didn't find the door then he and the fears would die. But what if… the door took him back, he could fix it.

    Jonathan crawled into a bedroom and found the door. He grabs onto the doorknob trying to pull himself up, his strength leaving the longer it takes. In this sole moment, Jonathan stops and thinks of Martin and this single thought gives him the strength to get back up.

    Just as two fears remain, The Great Nothing & The Ceaseless Watcher, he throws the door open and falls in.

    Jonathan wakes up to an alarm clock.

    "Jonathan! Time to get up!"

    "Grandmother?" Jonathan calls out in confusion.

    "Yes?" He hears her call back in confusion.

    Jonathan then gets a look at himself in the mirror… he's 12 again.