Longe praetorium 10

I'm in my throne room, head rested upon my fist, as the next messenger enters.

"Speak, and make it quick, our lore raleighnon has important things to do" my retainer spits as she crosses the last messenger's province off the list.

He's dressed in thick clothing, very thick clothing, and very damp.

" My lord, Polarion, he of the elemental birds, has forsaken us, he has attacked us, and has frozen our lands, I beg of you my lord, please, save us" he cries, with his hands clasped in reverence and his knees on the ground.

" consider polarion ousted as soon as I arrive, what province do you represent?" I ask, the messenger, as I stand up, towering over every sergeant in the room.

"I'm from lyrilia, oh thank you, great lord!" His pink hair shakes wildly as he starts bowing and worshipping.

"Make sure he's well fed, well rested and of good health, I will not be long" I hold my hand out, pulse my mana, and a portal to my lyrilia castle opens.

I step through and let it close behind me, and look out the window. A blizzard so intense a hailstone the size of a house just crushed a windmill flat.

I hear the screeching roar of the divine bird of ice.

Time to commit deicide.

I phase through the window and cascade up the walls of my castle for the vantage point, projecting a psycho barrier to guard from the snow and hail.

I see the bird.

With a blink I'm in front of it, and grab it by the beak, snapping it off, my winds flapping in the wind.

"You dare turn against me, holy of feather and frozen of plumage!" It screeches as best it can, a new beak growing from where the old one was snapped off.

"You dare enrage the god-slaying star, ring any bells?" I taunt as I let loose chains and nails from the light of my soul, the very same my father once used to trap my mother.

And the battle commences.

Icebergs and ice beams cascade around me, shattered and split by my volleys of nails and chains. "fulminis ictu sine fine vacui" I incant, eldritch magic flowing through me as thousands of bolts of purple lightning converge on one point, polarion.

The entire sky lights up in a purple glow like ra had descended to us.

Polarion's wings catch alight, as he plummets down to the ground beneath us.

I descend, my body hitting terminal velocity, before I slam my foot down into Polarion's chest as I descend, crushing their lungs.

I reach into their chest and pull out the heart, blood, mana, aura, and divine energy pours off the corpse. This soil will be very fertile soon.

He won't be dead long, those blessed by Phoenix never do.

The heart sinks into the light of my soul as I drag the corpse to the kingdom for harvesting.

My kingdom.

The kingdom of Auregalia.