EP 509: SPELIVIA SCENE - Candlelight But No You...

So, this is a scene I wrote early this morning... I couldn't sleep and my writer's brain wouldn't shut off. LOL. I wondered what would've happened if Olivia got to Spencer first... Before he reached back out to Kinu 2.0. A.K.A Alicia... Here's my take. Something short and sweet. 

As always, I hope you enjoy and thanks for your support. 

*******************************************************************************************

ACT ONE

INT. BAKER HOUSE - LIVING ROOM / KITCHEN - NIGHT

SPENCER, LAYLA, OLIVIA, and NOAH are in mid-conversation. The tension fills the air.

As he blinks back tears, Spencer's eyes shift from Olivia and Noah to the candlelight dinner setting on the back patio. He's hit with a twinge in his chest as he remembers...

MEMORY FLASH

Six months ago... Happier times. Dimly lit candles. Smooth jazz plays. Laughter fills the air as Spencer and Olivia play fight over the last piece of bundt cake... Just a normal night of them blocking out the noise and focusing on each other. 

END MEMORY FLASH

As his heart aches, Spencer's eyes shift back to Olivia. She's really moved on. From me. From us.

SPENCER

(voice cracks, to Olivia)

Looks like candles saved everybody tonight...

NOAH

Yeah, thankfully it added to the ambiance. 

(to Olivia) 

Right?

Olivia cringes. Why is he still talking? Like... Just stop talking. 

OLIVIA

Yeah... A+. Ambiance.

SPENCER

Right...

(to Noah)

Again, sorry for interrupting.

Noah responds with a smug smirk. Layla sick of the charade throws Spencer a lifeline.

LAYLA

Hey, Spencer. Why don't we finish our conversation tomorrow?

Spencer breathes a sigh of relief as he heads for the door.

SPENCER

Yeah, I'll hit you up.

As Spencer chokes back tears, he eyes Olivia and rushes off. 

INT. BILLY AND LAURA'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Olivia rests her head on LAURA's shoulder as they sit on the sofa mid-conversation.

LAURA

--Livy, if you still love Spencer and want him back you need to tell him... Before it's too late.

INT. BEACH HOUSE - HALLWAY - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Spencer opens the door to find Olivia on the porch.

SPENCER

Hey.

OLIVIA

Hey.

Spencer gets lost in her pretty brown eyes before he regroups.

SPENCER

If you're looking for Jordan you just missed him.

OLIVIA

Actually, I was looking for you.

(eyes gym bag)

But I see you were headed out... I can just come back--

Spencer grabs Olivia's hand and gives it a squeeze.

SPENCER

I was... But I'll always make time for you. You know that... What's going on?

Olivia follows Spencer into the living room. She struggles to gather her thoughts. A beat.

OLIVIA

(nervous laugh)

So... Last night was a bit awkward.

Spencer nods as his eyes move to the floor.

SPENCER

(clears throat)

Yeah... It was. But looks like you were having a good time... You seem happy. And if Noah...

(hesitates)

I just want you to be happy. That's all I want, Liv.

Olivia bites her lip and shakes her head.

OLIVIA

Trust and honesty moment?

SPENCER

Trust and honesty always.

Spencer eyes Olivia from the sofa as she paces the floor.

OLIVIA

(heavy sigh)

For months I've been trying to get back to a sense of normalcy... You know try to find that joy you talked about? Noah, he's sweet. Hanging with him has been fun. And I was starting to laugh again. So for a moment, I thought this feels familiar... Like maybe just maybe something might be there, ya know?

Spencer's jaw tightens and he nods. 

OLIVIA

But there isn't. Something still feels off... I'm still not happy. And if I'm being honest, I haven't been happy in a long time... Something's been missing. Someone.

(deepens gaze)

So, I've come to realize that someone is... You. Because full honesty... Cards on the table. You make me happy, Spencer. I'm always happiest with you... I know, I know... Why am I telling you this now? Why not six months ago?

Spencer tears up as Olivia rambles and continues to pace.

SPENCER

Liv...

OLIVIA

I was scared... And now I'm probably too late. I don't know... I should've fought harder for you. For us. I'm sorry that I didn't--

Spencer gets up from the sofa and reduces the space between them. 

SPENCER

Liv...Stop. Stop talking.

OLIVIA

(voice trembles, nods)

I'm too late... Of course, I'm too late. 

Olivia starts to walk away. Spencer grabs her arm pulling her back.

SPENCER

(grabs Olivia's neck)

You had me at you make me happy. Liv, it's always been you... Since--

OLIVIA

Chromosomal DNA.

SPENCER

(smirks)

Yeah, Chromosomal DNA... it's always gonna be you, Liv.

Spencer pulls Olivia in for a long sensual kiss. As Spencer and Olivia come up for air they rest their foreheads together.

Spencer's phone vibrates on the coffee table with a TEXT from ALICIA: Hey, I thought we were meeting up to talk. Are you on the way?  Spencer and Olivia's eyes remain locked on each other.

Off, Spencer and Olivia going in for a second kiss choosing to block out the outside noise and focus on each other.