Through With Love - Act I

Writer's Note:

What's up, fam? I'm back with another one-shot. Hopefully, a short one. LOL Get into this title track "Through With Love" by Destiny's Child... I was listening to this song and I came up with this at 3 AM earlier this week. Hope you enjoy it.

As always, thanks for reading and your support. 🥰🙏🏽

********************************************************************************************

ACT ONE

INT. LA CORPORATE OFFICE - CONFERENCE ROOM - AFTERNOON

Rocking a designer off-white suit, OLIVIA (30) sits across from ASHER (30) and his ATTORNEY (40s). She catches a chill from the glare of his calculating blue eyes and fidgets. Her colleague and friend REGGIE (31) squeezes her hand.

REGGIE

... It's almost over.

OLIVIA (V.O.)

If you'd told me five years ago I'd be signing divorce papers today I would've called you crazy. Bat shit. 

(a beat)

I spent the better part of my life with this man. My first friend. First love. My everything... We took vows. For better or worse. Death do us part. We were supposed to be forever... Right?

Numb, Olivia stares blankly at the signature line on the divorce papers.

MUSIC CUE: "RAIN ON ME" - ASHANTI

EXT. HIGH SCHOOL - STADIUM / STANDS - EVENING (MONTAGE)

Donning a Beverly high school varsity jacket, Olivia (17) CHEERS as Asher (17) cruises to the end zone.

EXT. CHURCH - FRONT ENTRANCE / STAIRS - AFTERNOON (MONTAGE)

Beaming, newlyweds Asher and Olivia (25) rush down the stairs to the car as their FAMILY and FRIENDS throw confetti.

INT. MEDICAL OFFICE - EXAM ROOM - MORNING (MONTAGE)

Asher strokes Olivia's hair as the doctor performs an ultrasound and they get a first look at their little one.

INT. LA LAW OFFICE - OLIVIA'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON (MONTAGE)

Seated at her desk with the PHONE to her ear, Olivia sighs heavily as it goes straight to voicemail. Again.

OLIVIA

... Hey, babe. I was hoping we could grab lunch. Call me.

EXT. LA - FOOTBALL STADIUM / STANDS - EVENING (MONTAGE)

Olivia and CROWD watch in horror as Asher is taken down by an OFFENSIVE TACKLE (20s). Hard. He clutches his leg. MEDIC TEAM rushes on the field.

Off Olivia as she runs down the bleachers.

INT. ADAM'S HOME - LIVING ROOM - NIGHT - (MONTAGE)

The space is in disarray. Takeout boxes, dirty dishes, and whiskey bottles are everywhere. Lines of coke on the coffee table. Olivia and Asher are in the midst of a heated argument. 

INT. LA LAW OFFICE - CONFERENCE ROOM - AFTERNOON (MONTAGE)

Olivia stands at the front giving a PowerPoint presentation. She suddenly feels a sharp pain in her stomach and keels over. Reggie and her paralegal TIFFANY (20s) rush to her aid.