Through With Love - Act II

Writer's Note:

Hey, fam. Here's Act II of IV (I think). LOL 

As always, thanks for reading and your support. Enjoy! 🥰🙏🏽

******************************************************************************************

ACT TWO

INT. LA LAW OFFICE - OLIVIA'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON

Olivia tries to concentrate on her case files. Unfortunately, her eyes keep drifting to the note card on the desk. A beat.

She snatches the card up and stares down at Spencer's number. A text. I'll send a text. If I text him, he can't sway me with his smooth sultry voice... Yes, a text is the way to go.

Olivia grabs her phone and starts to type a message. And then. She looks around the room at the beautiful flowers. Or would a text message be rude? Surely, these lovely flowers warrant a phone call. Yes,  a phone call is the way to go. 

She sighs heavily. Dammit! He thinks he's slick. But I won't be swayed. I'm slicker... Just thank him and hang up immediately, Olivia.

She dials Spencer's number. He picks up on the second ring.

SPENCER

Hello? This is, Spencer...

Olivia sits up sternly in her chair.

OLIVIA

Mr. James... Olivia Baker. Thank you for the flowers. They are lovely. But I--

SPENCER

Olivia... It's good to hear your voice. I want to see you. Need to see you... Have dinner with me.

OLIVIA

(hesitates)

I can't... I'm sorry. There's just a lot going on. And I uh... can't get involved with anyone right now. I hope you understand.

SPENCER

I understand... Completely.

(a beat)

It's going to take a little more hard work on my part... Finesse. Challenge accepted.

OLIVIA

Spencer...

SPENCER

Hmmm... I love the way my name rolls off your tongue.

Olivia rolls her eyes and her tongue glides over her teeth.

OLIVIA

Behave.

SPENCER

Seriously, I'm intrigued... I wanna know every little thing there is to know about you, Olivia Baker.

Olivia's breath catches and she fidgets in her seat.

SPENCER

I can be very very, persuasive...

Olivia becomes flushed as she thinks of Spencer's captivating eyes. The scent of his cologne. His muscular frame. His hands on the small of her back. Fingertips on the nape of her neck.

Olivia shakes her head from her fantasy. Pull yourself together, Olivia. You're slipping. Don't be swayed.

OLIVIA

(clears throat)

What was that, Tiffany? You said the client's waiting. Um... Okay. Sure... Be right there.