Can We Be Tight? - Part VI

Writer's Note:

We are finally at the last act of "Can We Be Tight?" This is the longest story I have ever written. To put it in perspective, It's longer than a feature film. 😩😂 While it was a bit tiring at times I enjoyed writing this one. It's one of my favorites. I hope you love the way I chose to close out this story. 

As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🙏🏽🥰🥰🥰

********************************************************************************************

ACT SIX

CHYRON: ONE YEAR LATER

EXT. NY - CEMETERY - AFTERNOON

Olivia (41) sits in front of a HEADSTONE that READS: Reginald Jermaine Turner... Loving father, husband, and friend. She places a bouquet of roses on the slab.

OLIVIA

... Two years... Damn, I miss you. RJ misses you. He's picked up another instrument. Drums.

(scowls)

Fuck you very much, Reginald. The kid's talented, though... Quite frankly, he's better than you.

Olivia fiddles with the wooden beaded bracelet on her wrist.

OLIVIA

(heavy sigh)

I miss our talks... Dating over forty sucks azz, Reg...

MUSIC CUE: "No Scrubs" by TLC

INT. NY - RESTAURANT - DINING AREA - EVENING

A perturbed Olivia sits across from a string of bad dates.

-- SCRUB (in between jobs) licks his lips and sizes Olivia up

SCRUB

...Damn, Ma. I like 'em slim thick. Tryin' get in between those...

-- BUSTA (attorney) analyzes and tallies up the bill.

BUSTA

... I know we said we'd go Dutch but my order only comes up to twenty-five dollars. CashApp or Zelle?

-- FUCKBOI (accountant) makes eyes at the WAITRESS.

FUCKBOI

... Olivia, most women don't know how to cater to a true king. Don't know when to stay in their place. I'm paying all the bills. Then my business is business.

The waitress gives Olivia a knowing look. HOTEP ALERT. ABORT! ABORT MISSION, MOVE SWIFTLY SIS?! 

With a heavy sigh, Olivia reaches into her purse and hands the waitress one hundred and twenty dollars. She pushes her chair back and stands.

OLIVIA

(to waitress)

Keep the change, sis.

(to herself)

If I leave now I can catch Abbott Elementary.

Off Olivia as she walks away without looking back.

EXT. NY - CEMETERY - AFTERNOON

Olivia sprays cleaner on Reggie's headstone and wipes it.

OLIVIA