Can We Be Tight? - Part V

Writer's Note:

Here's another long-ass Act... I'm sick of this story. Next time I'm STANDING ON BUSINESS?!.. 🤨Heavy sigh....  😩🫠 😂

One Act left to close out this one shot. 

As always, thanks for reading and your support! 🙏🏽🥰🥰🥰

**************************************************************************************

ACT FIVE

INT. NY - SPENCER'S DOWNTOWN APT - LIVING ROOM - AFTERNOON

Spencer paces back and forth as Tonya looks on with concern.

SPENCER

..It's going straight to voicemail.

(voice cracks)

I got a bad feeling, Kia.

KIA (V.O.)

I can't reach her assistant... We're about to board soon. But I can't get on a plane and fly across the damn country without knowing she's okay.

Fear washes over Spence's face.

SPENCER

Did you call Reggie?

KIA

He's not picking up.

Tonya turns up the TV volume as "Shooting at Jones, Smith, and Wright firm..." and the REPORTER appears ONSCREEN.

TONYA

Babe, they're giving an update.

REPORTER

-- While the story is still developing we've learned the gunman is one of the three deceased. From an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Spencer's eyes shift to the CROWD and he breathes a sigh of relief when they land on a head full of curls.

I/E. NEW YORK - LAW OFFICE - LOBBY / OFFICES - MOMENTS LATER

With a PHONE to her ear, Olivia hurriedly walks towards her office and DIALS REGGIE. TWO RINGS. Straight to VOICEMAIL. She DIALS again to no avail. 

A SECURITY GUARD tries to stop her and she pushes past him.

SECURITY GUARD

Ma'am, you can't go in there. Ma'am...

As Olivia starts to DIAL REGGIE she spots a visibly shaken JESS (20s, paralegal) and rushes over.

OLIVIA

Jess, are you hurt? What the hell happened? I couldn't reach Chrissy.

In shock, Jess starts to come undone as she chokes back sobs.

JESS

(shakes head vigorously)

Dave showed up. High. Accusing Chrissy of cheating on him. We uh. Couldn't calm him down. He... He shot... It-

The distraught look on Jess's face speaks volumes. Olivia stumbles back and tears fill her eyes.

OLIVIA

Oh, no. My sweet Chrissy...

JESS

(in between sobs)

Happened so fast. I tried... I--I... to save him. I just--

The PHONE still RINGS in Olivia's ear. She starts to hang up but hears the muffled sounds of a RINGING PHONE nearby. She gets closer to the office the RINGING gets louder.