please don't say you love me

"𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘮,         𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦

"𝘐 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘺𝘢𝘮,
         𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘦."

Life in Awa'atlu was as predictable as the way water flowed across the sea, with everything set in motion with routine and order - that is, until the Sully's arrived, their presence affecting the course of the clan in more ways than one.

Za'ranin had always been hesitant to let anyone get too close. Neteyam Sully offered her something that nobody else had ever been able to provide, unconditional love. She felt it in her heart, the warmth and comfort that his presence provided her with - but with that safety came a fear of being abandoned and hurt like she'd felt before.

‧⋆ ✧˚₊‧⋆. ✧˚₊‧⋆‧

Authors Note:
So since watching "The Way of Water" I've been so obsessed, it's my current hyper-fixation and because of that it's manifested the urge for me to write — simply because I miss my man Neteyam.

This fanfiction won't follow the original plot of the movie directly but there will be clear links to where it's taken from the movie.

Characters have been aged so here's a quick guide.
• Za'ranin: age 18
(my metkayina OC)
• Rotxo: age 18
• Tsireya: age 16
• Lo'ak: age 16
• Ao'nung: age 19
• Kiri: age 17
• Neteyam : age 19
• Tuktiery: age 8
And the adults are grown as adults be.

I'm not sure where this fanfiction will go or how consistent updates will be but I do hope some people will enjoy it.

p.s. I'm not a great writer but I have an active imagination so hopefully it'll balance out in some way?

xoxo
-melody :)