twenty-eight

-

-

The following morning Daella woke to a thing falling heavily onto her stomach. "Aenys?" She asked as she opened her eyes, hearing her son giggle.

"Mother!" He shouted as he wrapped his arms around her neck, leaning his head on her shoulder. Aemma sat at her feet with a smile as she looked at her mother.

Annalie stood by the door holding Vaegon with an apologetic look. "I am sorry, Princess. They were just very energetic this morning." She attempts to explain as Daella opens her left arm to her daughter.

"It is all right, Anna. Is breakfast prepared?" She asked, making the maid smile softly. "Of course, Princess. Come on, children." Annalie says as Daella tells her children to go eat.

"I will join you both in a second, My darlings." She smiled as they left the room, following the older maid.

She slowly made her way out of her bed and toward her closet. She could feel it in her gut that her mother was to arrive this morning.

She grabbed her favorite dress from the closet. She took off her nightgown, replacing it with her dress.

She smiled into her mirror at the black dress with small embroidered dragons. It had a golden sweetheart neckline with the sleeves reaching her wrists.

Small red lines were going from the bottom to her waist. It was a dress her mother had made for her, which gave her a sense of comfort.

She smiled at the maids and guards she passed in the corridor on her way to the dining room.

When she entered, Aegon was not seen, but her children were sat farthest from the door. She liked it. That way, she could get to them before anyone else.

She sat at the head of the table, child on either side. She smiled, watching them eat before eating her food. "Princess," Gyda says as she opens the door.

"Princess Helaena is here to join." She says softly with a smile, making Daella motion her in. Gyda moved as Helaena timidly made her way inside.

Helaena took her spot at the end of the table. Daella smiled as a cook put the food on the plate in front of Helaena.

"You are wearing your favorite dress? What is the occasion?" Helaena asked after swallowing a piece of her food. "I believe my mother will arrive today. Even if she doesn't, it will bring me comfort."

Aenys and Aemma argued as Daella and Helaena conversed. Daella's eyes followed the sound of the door opening to reveal another young maid.

The maid was Marilla. She had blonde hair that was done in a bun. She hurried over to Daella and leaned down to her ear.

"Aegon has done it again. The Queen has given her moon tea as well as coin." Daella sighed and nodded as Helaena looked down at her plate.

"Excuse me, I must speak to my husband." She tells them as Aenys visibly rolls his eyes, and Aemma replies, "Why?"

Daella stands behind her daughter's chair and says, "It is a matter only between us." Aemma nods as Daella leans down, placing kisses on her daughter's head.

She places her hand on Helaena's shoulder and Helaena says, "I will take them to their lessons." Daella gave a grateful smile before leaving the room.

"Princess! Your mother has arrived." Annalie tells her, rushing over to her. "Lead me," Daella says with an excited smile.

She hurries down the steps seeing her mother beside Daemon. Her mother still wears her coat, accompanied by her big baby bump.

"Mother!" She shouted as she hurried to her with a wide smile.

"You look magnificent." Daella complimented her as she hugged her mother gently to avoid hitting the bump. "And you look as vivid as always, sweet girl," Rhaenyra said, kissing her daughter's temple.

She pulled back and looked up at Daemon, who smiled. "It is pleasant to see you, Prince Daemon." She told him as he gave her a nod. "As you, Princess Daella."

"Where are they?" She asked, looking behind her mother. "They went to the training yard. They will want to see you." Her mother encouraged making her smile.

-