fifteen

-

-

Luke sat in a chair with a tissue in his nose as Jace stood next to him. But looking out the window was Daella. She had to process all that had happened.

"You will scar, but the wound will heal." The Maester tells their mother. "Valyrian steel cuts clean." Daella turned upon hearing the door open.

"Father." She says, walking over toward Laenor and wrapping her arms around him. "Gods. Is everyone all right?" He asked as he gently patted Daella's back. She pulled away, keeping an arm around him.

"A broken nose is the worst." The Maester answers, making Daella look at her brother. "Thank you, Maester. Leave us." Their mother turns to them, saying, "You as well. You've already found enough trouble today."

"Yes, Mother," Jace says, taking Luke with him. "But Daella." Rhaenyra motions for her to walk over.

"Do you feel safe returning with them?" She asks as Daella wraps an arm around her mother's neck. "I have to; the wedding is in a couple of moons." She tells her with a frown.

"You won't be there, will you?" She asks with a shaky voice causing Rhaenyra to brush the hair from her daughter's face with her good arm.

"Of course, I will never leave you. I love you, My sweet Daella." Rhaenyra says, making Daella smile. "I love you, Mother."

Rhaenyra placed kisses on Daella's temple before she moved back to Laenor. "Be careful and safe. I love you, My Darling." He tells her as he leans down and kisses her head.

"I love you, Father." She tells him with a sad smile before leaving the room. She made her way out of the castle and toward the cave.

Gaelithox was waiting with a saddle. As he heard her, he stomped over to her. He nuzzled his head against hers knowing how she was feeling.

"Let's go." She said to herself as she climbed onto his back. "Sōvēs," Daella whispered as Gaelithox flew into the air.

She stayed behind the other dragons as they flew back to Kings Landing. She did not know what was coming, but she had faith in herself. Daella knew that she had two people she could trust, Helaena and Annalie.

She flew around the castle in Kings Landing before landing in the Dragonpit. "Daella." She jumped off Gaelithox as Helaena walked toward her.

"Helaena." She said, holding her arm out. Helaena linked her arm with Daniella's as they made their way out of the Dragonpit.

"Is Rhaenyra all right?" Helaena asked as they walked through the city, followed by guards. "The Maesters said it would heal, but it will leave a scar." She explains, making Helaena frown.

"That's good. That it will heal." Helaena says, trying to make it positive. Daella nods her head as they finally make it to the castle.

"I best get to my room. Your mother won't want to see me." Daella tells her, removing her arm. She hurried up the steps at the protest of Helaena.

She opened her door and quickly closed it. She ran to her bed and stuffed her face in the pillow. It all rushed through her at once as she began to sob.

Her body shook with sobs as she cradled up under her blankets. She turned, facing the ceiling, and began to wipe her face viciously.

As the light from outside for darker, one of the guards opened the door. "Princess, are you all right?" Her head lifted to see Annalie standing in the doorway.

Daella shook her head before laying her head back down. "I'll stay here by your side." The maid said, sitting in the chair beside the bed.

Daella woke the following day to Annalie holding her breakfast. "Would you like me to get Princess Helaena?" She asked as she carried over the breakfast.

She sat up as it was set in front of her. It was the same as that dreadful morning. "Could you, please?" She asks, watching her maid nod and exits the room.

"You wanted to see me?" Helaena asked as she entered the room with a soft smile. "Could you join me for breakfast?" Daella asked and smiled as Helaena made her way to the bed.

Helaena got onto the bed sitting next to Daella, who handed her a fork. They enjoyed their breakfast together in comfortable silence.

-