Chapter 8: August 1980 - december 1981

Remus was unable to get all the money he owed so he was evicted from his apartment on the 1st August after being given an hour to pack as much as he could. Instead of going to his childhood home or going to Pandora's for help, Remus started leaving on the streets because he did want to bother anyone or for anyone to find out how low he had become. 

Soon after he was kicked out, he started visiting his parents again. They were suspicious on why he was always carrying a big back back with him and how he seemed to get rougher each time they saw him. But they never said anything because

1) they thought it was because as he got older the moon's got worse

2) he was still grieving Regulus's death.

3)  as Remus's was getting rougher, Hope was getting iller. She could longer move out of bed and was sleeping most of the time. But she had refused to go to hospis because she wanted to spend her last months with her family.

The more sick Hope got the more Remus visited. He didn't show it but he was scared to lose his mum. He didn't want to lose anyone else.  

5th October 1980. The day of the wedding. The day Xenophilius Rosier and Pandora Lovegood (who was 4 months pregnant but wasn't showing) got married and became Mr and Mrs Lovegood. Remus went to the party but he stayed hidden from everyone as long he could. However an hour into the after party just as he was about to leave Pandora, Evan and Barty found him and cornered him.  This forced Remus to reconnected with his friends and catch up on their lives. He won't admit it but he dis miss them and did miss chatting to them like this. However it was during this catch up that the gang realised he was homeless. Pandora being Pandora (with the backing of Evan and Barty) forced Remus to move in with her. Even Remus's defence of "I can't do that. You are going to have a baby" didn't stop them from forcing her. So that night, Remus moving into The lovegood house. The lovegoods didn't go on a honeymoon. They had promised each other to go on one once its safe to do so.

In November 1980 a terrible thing happened that no foresaw.  Evan was in digon ally buying stuff for pandora's baby when it happened. A death eater attack. He helped a little wizard hide but when Moody and his gang showed up, he accused Evan of being a death eater. When Evan denied this and tried to walk off, Moody attacked and killed him on the spot. Because of this, Barty joined the war and became a death eater to get revenge on Moody. Remus and Pandora lost all contact with him with him after that.

As the months went on, Hope got sicker and sicker. By Christmas, hope was hardly awake and slept all the time. She was also deadly pale. So it was no shock when the inevitable finally happened. Hope Lupin née Howell was pronounced dead on the 30th January 1981 at 3:33pm. Remus was heartbroken but the 8th month pregnant Pandora made sure that he didn't slip back into old habits. Remus was put in charge of the funeral because his dad couldn't cope but Remus was still grieving the death of his boyfriend and his friend and now his mother. The funeral was at the beginning of February. The funeral was a lovely ceremony. They barried her in her home town of Wales so she was back in her routs. All together it was perfect. 

Despite all this sadness and griving, a magical thing happened in February. On the 13th February 1981, Pandora gave birth to tiny girl after being in labour for a full week. The baby was small but she was born 2 weeks before her due date. Anyway Pandora name the girl Luna Hope Lovegood. A beautiful name. Remus had shockingly been namef Luna's godfather. Remus didn't understand why. Yes he lived in there house and is always there for them and yeah he will be luna's tutor but Pandora knew he was a werewolf and knew his past so why did she want him as godfather? Despite all this, Pandora and her husband wouldn't no for an answer so Remus was announced as the godfather of Luna and they called him Uncle Remus around Luna.

In March 1981, Remus started receiving letters from Dumbledore, the marauders and the vixens. Dumbledore and the marauders wanted Remus to join the order and go on missions as a werewolf for them. Lily's letter revealed that James and her nearly 1 year old son,  Harry had gone into hiding, she told him about the prophecy and how he needed to talk to Sirius if he wanted to visit. Mary later vaguely explained that she was running away from the UK. She couldn't take the war anymore. Alice's letter explained how her and Frank got together while Remus had himself locked away ("finally" Remus heard himself say) and they had a son in July. They had named him Nevile.  Marlene and Dorcas's letter was a joint one about how Dorcas had moved into the Mckinnon house and about how they miss him.

This letter from Marlene and Dorcas was the last Remus ever heard from them. It hit all the newspapers. In July 1981, Marlene and her whole family were killed and attacked by death eaters. Dorcas was left to grieve.  Remus and Pandora did try to reach out to her but they never could reach her because at the beginning of August it was announced.

"DORCAS MEADOWS WAS KILLED BY HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED. No one is quite sure why he killed her personally. Some believe that she was trying to get revenge on the death of her friend"

It was then that it hit Pandora and Remus. All their Hogwarts friends and family were getting killed by this horrible war and they needed to get Luna away from it all. So Pandora, her husband, Luna and Remus all moved into a secret location in the middle of nowhere where no one could get to them and no one could contact them.

But because they moved away, Remus and Pandora didn't find out what happened on the dreadful Halloween of 1981 until a letter from Dumbledore found them on 5th November 1981.

"Dear Remus,

I am writing this to inform you that on Halloween night 1981, Voldemort found out where the potter's were living and murdered James and Lily Potter. However when Voldemort tried to kill Harry the spell backfired and voldemort was killed. As Sirius Black was the secret keeper and the one who let Voldemort in, Sirius Black is to blame. Moody and his workers went after him. They caught him but not after he killed Peter Pettigrew and 13 muggles. Sirius was sent straight to azkaban.

That's not the end of the bad news. Yesterday, 4th November, A couple of death eaters, including Bellatrix and her husband, attacked the Longbottoms thinking they knew where Voldemort was. Frank and Alice were tortured to insanity. They are now in St Mungos.

As you are a werewolf, you are not allowed to be the children's guardians for their safety. So Harry Potter has gone to live with the Dursleys and Nevile Longbottom has gone to live with his grandma.

I know this must be hard for you so you can alwa-"

Remus cuts him off as he slowly breaks down. For the next month or so, Remus kept thinking about how Sirius could have done this because he did the prank and he is a black.  Despite all this, Remus didn't go back to his own ways. He wasn't going to be like that around the baby. Even if he lost everyone but Pandora and his dad.