Chapter 1

Evelyn Jonson's POV

It's been approximately two weeks since our new friends returned home. Today, the Tower was empty because my sister was with Stephen and the rest of the team was on missions.

When I woke up, I saw Thor standing in front of the window, staring into the horizon. I stood up, put on his t-shirt and approached him.

Me: Is everything okay?

Thor: Yeah, why?

Me: Lately you've been absentminded. Did something happen and I'm not aware of it?

Thor: Evelyn, I... You have to know that I love you and I want you to be safe. I will do everything, no matter the cost, to make it happen.

J.A.R.V.I.S.: Mister Thor, your father arrived and he's asking for you.

Thor: I'm coming. -he said and left the room.

Me: Wait... -I said, but he was gone.

I put on a pair of pants and followed him. When I entered the room, I saw them talking and heard his dad saying

Odin: The time has come.

Thor: Now?!

Me: What are you talking about? What time?

Thor: Evelyn, what are you doing here? You were supposed to be in your room.

Me: You didn't answer.

Thor: Give me a couple of minutes with her, I need to say goodbye.

To do what?!

Odin: Two minutes only!

We stepped outside.

Me: What happened? Why do you have to say goodbye?

Thor: Today is the day I die!

Me: Say what again? Not if it's up to me.

Thor: You can't do anything to stop this, it's my destiny. Remember that nothing else could happen. I will love you forever. You are the best thing that ever happened to me, that's exactly why I can't lose you. I prefer to die rather than see anything happen to you.

He kissed me and it was the most passionate kiss we had so far, it was like he was saying goodbye. It may have lasted a few seconds, but for me it was like the time had stopped.

Odin: Let's go. We're late!

Naturally his dad had to ruin our moment.

They left through a portal and I was standing there unable to do anything, other than watching them leave. A little time had passed and I was just staring at the void. No, I can't let this happen! I will not leave him to die! I stood straight, took a deep breath, dried the tears that had escaped and spoke to J.A.R.V.I.S.

Me: Call my sister now!

J.A.R.V.I.S.: Yes Miss Jonson.

Two minutes later she came through a portal.

Emma Jonson: What happened?

Me: I need you to open a portal to Asgard.

Emma Jonson: Why didn't you ask Heimdall? Where is Thor?

J.A.R.V.I.S.: His father took him to face his destiny and his sister Hela. In the end of this battle, he will not survive!

Emma Jonson: Are you crazy? Do you want me to open a portal to your death? No!

Me: If you don't do this, I will go to Stephen.

Emma Jonson: Really? I'd like to see you try! -she marked with her eyebrow raised.