Chapter 4

Aurora Diamonds' POV

Me: Maybe if I add a little more...

Before I could even manage to finish my thought, the machine started bubbling and the atmosphere was electrified. I placed everything inside the incinerator and destroyed it in order not to demote the safety of the lab.

Then I heard someone knock on the door and I unlocked the system in order to open; my brother's figure appeared and he looked surprised.

Warren Worthington III: Aurora, what are you doing here?

Me: It's good to see you too little brother! -I said sarcastically.

Warren Worthington III: Um, I was just surprised. -he marked and his face fell.

Me: I know, I was just teasing you. I wanted to try a new formula, but it failed.

Warren Worthington III: What were you... -he started saying.

Me: Were you looking for someone? -I interrupted him by changing the topic of the discussion.

Warren Worthington III: Yeah, I was looking for Storm. We were supposed to train today, but I can't find her anywhere.

Me: Maybe she's on a mission; you should better ask the Professor.

Warren Worthington III: Okay, I'll do that. We'll talk later sis. -he said with a smile on his face.

Me: See you. -I answered automatically.

My mind had already started thinking several different ways of creating the machine that will destroy Lorna and I didn't realize that he reached me and was waiting to do our secret handshake before he'd leave.

Warren Worthington III: Is everything okay?

Me: Yes, yes... I just got absentminded.

Warren Worthington III: Lately you've been acting weird and disappearing, you are not "present" when we are talking... all this time I didn't ask anything because I didn't want to put you on the spot, but my gut tells me that something is wrong. What is going on? -he asked with a serious face.

Me: Everything is fine; I am just really tired with all of the training.

Warren Worthington III: I honestly feel like you are hiding something from me...

Me: Warren, I have to get back to my experiment. We'll talk later, okay?

Warren Worthington III: Fine. -he replied hesitantly, but he left the lab.

So once more I started thinking about the right dosages of the poisons that needed to be added so that Lorna's death will be slow, torturous and inevitable, but at the same time I was trying to find a way so that no one will trace it back to me. I constantly had the thought of revenge in my mind and that's something I will succeed on! She will pay for everything that she did to Alex...

A few hours later, after I managed to build the perfect mechanism, which can be activated remotely with a push of a button on my phone, without revealing my location, I started searching which poison would be the perfect one. I was so lost in my notes that I didn't realize that someone had entered the lab.

Then I felt two arms around my waist and a kiss on my shoulder, revealing that it was Alex. I immediately closed the folder in front of me and turned around to face him.

Me: What are you doing here? -I said a bit aggressively.

Alex Summers: Hey, easy tiger, hadn't we scheduled to go for dinner?

Me: Yes, sorry, I just have already told you multiple times that you shouldn't enter the lab when we are doing experiments. It's dangerous.

Alex Summers: I know that baby, I knocked but you didn't answer and I noticed that it was unlocked so I entered. Why are you so mad? Is everything okay?