Chapter 35

Emma Jonson's POV

I left my babies behind and the only comfort I had was that I did it to protect them. I could hear a lot of people talking around me, but my mind was on my little ones.

Steve Rogers: Emma, they're going to be okay. -Steve said, making me look at him.

Me: I know. -I replied monotonously.

Bucky Barnes: Doll, they're as safe as can be at the moment.

Me: I know.

Steve Rogers: Baby, you have to focus on the battle...

Bucky Barnes: Your mind can't be anywhere else; you'll be in danger...

Steve Rogers: And honestly who knows what could happen to you in the battlefield...

Bucky Barnes: We'll be worried about you too and if we're not fast enough...

Me: Boys! Please calm down! -I interrupted them by raising my voice.

I could see that they were stressed too, so I just calmed down and took their hands in mine.

Me: This isn't my first battle and I know how to fight. I'll be focused and please, do the same. I want you to come back safely to me at the end of the battle. -I said bringing their hands to my lips, kissing them sweetly.

They placed their hands at the back of my neck and pulled me closer. We leaned our foreheads together and for the first time I felt what they couldn't express through words. There was total understanding, love, trust and passion between us.

Steve Rogers: Till the end of the line... -he said and looked at Bucky.

Bucky Barnes: Till the end of the line... -he said and they both turned their eyes on me.

I placed my hands on their faces and caressed their cheeks with my thumbs.

Me: Till the end of the line... -I said for the first time and they hugged me.

Then we heard my sister talking.

Evelyn Jonson: Aw, so touching... -she mocked us and laughed, making me laugh as well.

I took a step back and turned to look at her.

Me: Aren't we adorable? -I replied laughing.

Evelyn Jonson: Since when were you so soft? Are you sure you'll be able to beat the bad guys? -she asked playfully.

Me: Don't worry sister; I'm only cute when I want to be. -I said and winked at her.

Evelyn Jonson: Be careful.

Me: You too.

We saw that everyone was ready in the palace and I opened a portal for us to go to the valley, where most of the heroes and soldiers had already gathered. Steve, Bucky and I stood in the front line, along with T'Challa, Okoye and more of our friends. Many meters in front of us, outside the dome that protected Wakanda, we could see the army of all those who wanted to wipe out humanity.

We looked at each other and then T'Challa motioned for Shuri to lower the shields at the points we'd already agreed on. Steve raised his shield, drawing all of our attention.

Steve Rogers: Avengers... ASSEMBLE! -he yelled and all of us starting running towards our enemies.

As I was running towards the center of the valley, I noticed that several small alien ships were very low in the sky, firing at the ground. I created shields around me to protect myself and then concentrated on the ships closest to me. I opened portals in front of the machine guns and right where each ship's cockpit was, making them destroy themselves. I managed to take out at least a dozen when I felt the ground shake beneath my feet, causing me to lose my balance.