Chapter 29

Alicia Hale's POV

When I opened my eyes I was standing at my room's doorway at the Institute. I turned around immediately, looked at Alex and hugged him.

Me: They did it! -I exclaimed happily and we couldn't stop smiling.

That's when I felt a breeze on my face and when I blinked, Pietro appeared in front of me. He hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe, but I didn't want him to let me go... I felt safe and calm in his arms. A few moments later, he greeted his friend and came back next to me.

Alex Summers: I'm going to leave you two alone. Um, before I go, where is Aurora?

Pietro explained in a few words what had happened all this time we were gone and informed him that Aurora would be back shortly. Alex walked towards the door and we were about to kiss, when we heard him clear his throat.

Alex Summers: Sorry to interrupt. If Aurora comes back, will you tell her to go straight to my room and wait for me there? -he asked, while running his hand through his hair.

Me: Okay.

Pietro Maximoff: Of course. -we said at the same time and he turned towards the door.

Our faces once again were closer to each other and our gazes met. Pietro placed his hands on my face, caressing my cheeks and I put a strand of his hair behind his ear. He smiled at me and leaned in to kiss me, when we heard Alex standing right next to us.

Alex Summers: Um, one more thing... -we heard him say and Pietro took his hands from my face and sighed.

Me: For the love of god Alex! What?

Alex Summers: How long were we gone?

Pietro Maximoff: A little over three months.

He didn't say anything else, just nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him. We were finally alone and could enjoy each other's company!

Pietro Maximoff: I've missed you so much!

Me: Me too! -I said and kissed him.

I pressed my body against him and pushed him backwards, trapping him between my body and the door. His hands were on my waist and mine were on his face. I jumped on him, wrapping my legs around his waist, while deepening our kiss.

A few moments later I climbed down and suggested to sit on my bed. He sat down first and leaned his back on the headboard, spreading his legs in front of him, making enough space for me to sit as close as possible. I sat down in front of him, straddling him, while my legs were on either side of his hips. He kissed my forehead and took my hands in his, lacing our fingers together.

Petro Maximoff: What was it like there?

Me: To be honest, it wasn't the best... time was frozen, everything was still. And my powers... -I took a deep breath- I could barely use them; thankfully though, we made it. How were you? What was it like without me and your sister?

Pietro Maximoff: My sister! -he said and his eyes almost popped out- I didn't see her yet, I came here... -he sighed- It was okay while you were gone... I had Aurora and thankfully we had the hope that we'd see you again...

Me: Go to Wanda. -I said and caressed his face.

I knew how much he needed to see her and make sure that she's okay.

Pietro Maximoff: I will, but I'll be back quickly.

Me: I know. -I said, then he kissed me sweetly on the lips and left.

A few minutes later, after having a shower and putting on clean clothes, I heard a knock on the door.

Me: Come in.