22 | unwelcome guests, welcomed touches

He's never felt this before.

This overtly sense of jealousy and anger and resentment toward just one person.

Never in his long life has he ever experience this strong of jealousy before and it's scaring him, like any second he won't be able to control himself. He knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he did something so vile in front of Lux, but he was so close.

Luke felt quite the opposite, Edward knew this because he was in his head. He was hearing it all.

"So you really don't want me here?" Luke asked once the silence between the two of them got too loud. Lux's mom had already been gone for a while and he had to know. Edward looked at Lux through his eyes, her expression as it shifted a little more upset.

"Why are you even here right now, Luke? What is it that you want because this just doesn't make sense," Lux said sounding irritated. He sighed, "I wanted to see you. Is that so bad? I miss you."

Edward's body seemed to heat up, not in a literal sense, but in his bones he felt a deep hatred for Lux's ex. He waited to hear how she would respond. She scoffed, "Why? We've been broken up for months and weren't you the one who wanted to in the first place?"

"I was wrong, okay? I did think it would have been better since we wouldn't be able to see each other all the time but this is even worse," Luke said as Lux took a deep breath feeling dejected, "So you really don't want me here?"

"Obviously not! We agreed to break up and if you wanted to be just friends I would be fine with that. But now you've gone ahead and made these plans with my mom without even considering what I think," Lux said without a hitch, "I wouldn't even answer your texts Luke, why would I want you in my house?"

Luke sat there in silence for a moment, mind whirring as he mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Lux sighed, "Just give me a minute. I'm going to change."

She's never ran fast up there stairs with only one thing on her mind. It was not how she expected her night to go, not when Edward might still be in her bedroom.

He sad on the edge of her bed, eyes staring hard at the floor like he was thinking.

'This was such a bad idea and I feel so stupid for thinking Lux would be okay with it. It's just that I really do miss her. We've been friends for years, she was my best friend before we started dating. And the only reason why I wanted to end things is because I didn't want her to leave me for someone else. I just thought it would be better to end things on a good note then hurt each other but if was no use."

"I still love her."

"Edward," her voice snapped him out of his thoughts immediately. He hadn't realized the way his eyes darkened the more he thought about the guy downstairs. He was just trying very hard not to let his intrusive thoughts get to him to the point where he does something he shouldn't. His eyes found hers as he rushed to his feet standing directly in front of her.