one

We're the Pogues and our mission this summer is to have a good time, all the time.

The Outer Banks, Paradise on Earth. It's the sort of place where you either have two jobs or two houses.

Two tribes, one island.

All right, there's Figure Eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the Kooks. So, guess where we don't live.

And then, there's the south side or the cut. Home of the working class who makes a living busing tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of... drumroll, please... the Pogues. That's us. Pogues, pogies, the throwaway fish. Lowest member of the food chain. Okay. So, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected. But the upside of Pogue life? We're ignored and neglected, which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

My name is Maryse Webster but my friends call me Reese, well everyone really. I'm 16 years old and I definitely have a temper, I must admit. Most of my life I have been running away from the cops when I do something illegal but hey, I don't care, honestly I think I've been in the back of a cop car more times than I can remember. My friends are my family. I spent most of my nights at John B's house, due to the fact that I hated being alone with my father, Big John welcomed me in and said I could stay whenever I want and John B left it like that really. I will always be up for a physical fight, especially if someone says something about my friends. I love to party, get drunk or even high, I also love drawing too. Oh, and I love music, it's like my therapy. Surfing is my favourite hobby, I will go surfing whenever I want. Many people say I'm brilliant, I've got to admit I am quite good. Just don't tell JJ that.

JJ.

JJ has been my best friend since third grade. He taught me many things such as how to surf, how to fish and he even gave me my first drink when I was 14, John B wasn't really pleased about that because he likes to check up on me but look at all of us now. He is as local as they come. Latest in the long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta holding salt lifers, who made their living off the water. Best surfer I know after me of course. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat. We do flirt, JJ and I, but it's all good because we would never mack due to the rule No Pogue On Pogue Macking and we're just friends.

Kiara, or Kie, as we call her.

Kiara is my one and only girl best friend considering she is the only girl I hang out with well other than Sarah but I can't be seen with her or I would get the right kick in. When she is not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. None of us were really sure as to why though. So, she's a rich kid, actually. Foot in both worlds. Her family owns The Wreck, this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about the boys, the boys all have a thing for her but I know for a fact that her parents lovebme! She was basically like my mother sometimes, always trying to keep me in check and trying to make sure I was safe and okay due to the fact that I get in fights a lot these days. Honestly, I'm so lucky to have a Kiara in my life.

Pope.

Pope, the brains of the operation, finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit Scholarship. And the smartest person I know. He could be a little bit of a weirdo at times, but we still love him. His father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you. Now, I'm not sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us. He always helped me keep my grades up in school and kept me going even when I wanted to quit. He's like Kiara, always checking up on me and trying to keep me safe. Whenever there's a fight, he's always the one grabbing hold of me but I always manage to get out of his grip. He doesn't like that though.

Then there is John B.

His father disappeared at sea nine months ago looking for a shipwreck. He's practically like my older brother, having been best friends since birth. He has always been looking out for me like Pope and Kiara. I met Pope, Kiara and JJ because of him, we all met around the same time. And knowing  how rough my life could be, him and his dad opened his home to me and for that I'm very grateful. People say I look like him at times but I don't see it. Not that we are related but all the years spent with him makes people think, I think.

So, that's my crew, the Pogues.

__________________________________

intro of the pogues done !!
hope you like this one
🌻☀️🐚🥝🍒🍉

-jasmin💗