fifthteen

"Pope! Reese! Dude, you are not going to believe what just happened to me, man!" JJ shouts as he runs down the dock

"Tell me about it." I whisper which Pope sends me a glare

"Whoo! That was the best 100 bucks I've ever made! When I say count me in on all these grocery deliveries, guys, I mean it!" JJ says as he makes his way to the boat

It's really nice to see JJ so happy and cheerful, and it's sad that it won't last very long. I'm sat on the counter while Pope is in front of the steering wheel. JJ gets to us, he looks at me very carefully up and down, he definitely notices that my mood is a whole lot different to before we left and that I'm wearing Pope's shirt. His eyes switch to Pope.

"What's up with you? Bro, you good?" JJ asks Pope, but Pope doesn't answer. JJ then looks at me, "Reese? Wait, why are you wearing Pope's shirt?" I shrug, I don't really want to be the first to explain what happen. I rather Pope say it than me. After that, JJ looks back at Pope.

"Yo, what happened to your face, dude?" JJ asks Pope, JJ then lifts Pope's hat up to see a cut on his forehead. Pope quickly grabs it back down, "Jesus! What happened?"

"Rafe and Topper jumped us." Pope says, oh thanks Pope for throwing me under the bus, "they said no Pogues on their side of the island."

"Us?" JJ says looking between Pope and I

"Reese got there before it got worse but Rafe hit her with a golf club and pushed her down the hill." Pope explains

"Oh thanks, Pope." I say, JJ looks at me

"Where?" JJ says, he quickly lifts up the shirt to reveal my cut on the side of my stomach, "Jesus, Reese!" I look down and see that there's a bruise already forming. JJ looks back at Pope, "what are you gonna do?"

"JJ." I warn, I want to get payback at them but it will cause a lot more problems than there is and getting Pope to do something, probably a illegal, is probably not a good idea. I rather get me or JJ to do something than Pope.

"Let's get you cleaned up." JJ says

*
"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC. The world's finest wakesetter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance." Pope says as we look at the boat by the Figure 8 dock. It's Toppers. This won't end well.

"This is war, Pope. They hit us, we hit them." JJ says and he then puts his mask over his mouth. JJ cleaned and bandaged my cut earlier, he was very gentle with me.

"Pope, I can do it if you want." I say as I put my mask over my mouth

"It's fine, Reese." He says, JJ and I put our sunglasses on. Pope jumps in and swims over to Topper's boat. Before we know it he comes back. He puts his hand up showing that he is holding something.

"Wow, you did it." JJ says as he tucks sunglasses in his shirt, I did the same. We also take our masks down so it rests on our necks, "I'm so proud of you right now. Holy crap."

"Same, I'm so freaking proud." I say just as Pope gets on the boat

"JJ? Reese?" Pope says

"Yeah?"
"Yes?"

We say.

"You can't tell anybody." Pope says, we both nod our heads