Chapter 1: History

Y/N's POV:

The clock ticks, the sun begins to shine brighter. I quickly finished my breakfast and took a short bath.

After a few minutes, I immediately put on my white sweater and a dark palazzo pants. I arranged my things in my bag and I'm good to go.

I live in a big apartment building in New York. A ten minute drive from the school I work in.

Yes I am a highschool teacher. And no... I'm not sure why I chose this job.

I wake up at 4:00 am to prepare a lesson plan. 4:30 am for breakfast. 5:00 am I clean the house. 5:30 I check my student's tests and grade them. 6:00 I get ready, and at 7:15, I usually went off to work.

With this start of the day, honestly it's kind of draining.

Yeah, I know I could've continued my passion and become an artist. Explore new things to inspire my creative mind. Paint what I imagine and sell 'em. Travel to different places. France, maybe. My dream place. But it never happened.

My parents wanted more. They said painting and drawing will just lead me to nowhere. It'll make no money, they say. So instead of following my dreams, I followed them. I became the daughter that they wanted.

I became a highschool teacher. Well... That wasn't really the job what my parents wanted for me. They wanted me to be a college professor. But I couldn't do it. I wasn't smart enough.

Though they always say it's "fine" I could still feel their disappointment. But they thought being a highschool teacher is better than being a broke artist, so they approved.

But I also couldn't complain. I may not have been able to continue my dream, but at least I have a job that connected with my passion. I am an art teacher.

.....

The moment I parked my car, I got off and checked my watch.

7:28 am.

Great only two minutes left before class starts. It's fine I can do this.

After all, I managed to run in heels while drunk back then. Sprinting to class with two minutes timer is nothing.

Did I mention that my classroom's in fourth floor?

I wouldn't wanna be late. Y/n L/n is never late for work.

I kinda panicked so I looked at the school building. I saw the back door that lead closer to the stairs open.

"Welp... It's my shot, and I ain't throwin' it." I whispered to myself.

I locked my car and without hesitation, I ran full speed inside.

And after two minutes, I got in just in time. The bell rang and I was sweating. I looked at my students as I pant like a thirsty animal.

"Awww man! I really thought we had you this time, Miss Y/n!" A student of mine shouted, followed by his classmate's complains. I chuckled and stood straight. I slowly took a deep sigh before replying.

"Y'all really think I'd be late, huh?" I smirked.

"IT WAS ONLY A MINUTE LEFT! How'd you do it?" Another student vociferated. I just shrugged and laughed at their annoyed faces.

Well my students and I have been taking a bet on whether I come to school late or not. If I get in time, I win, which means I'll have to continue the class. And if I'm late they'll have my whole class as their free time. But too bad for them 'cause they always lose.

"Hah! I'm still the winner!" I exclaimed amused as I sat on my seat. My students continued to grumble.

"Looks like there's no free time for all of you. Now, let's get the class started." I smiled.