Chapter 7: Questions Left Unanswered

Y/N’s POV:

           I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I checked the time. It’s 4:00 am. It’s Monday.

I got up and arranged my bed, then I headed outside.

I saw Lafayette laying on the couch sleeping. I walked closer to him and examined the way he looks right now.

He seems so peaceful.

The way his long lashes meats his lower eyelid. The way his jaws relax every time he breathes. The way some of his hair falls to his face.

I could watch him sleep all day.

If only I could do that without lookin’ like a creep.

I eventually got up and went to my bathroom to have a shower. I need to get ready for school.

Hopefully Usnavi is gonna finally show up.

After I took a shower, I quickly put on some clothes and started to walk to the kitchen. But before I head there, I took another minute to watch Lafayette sleeping.

I love how tranquil and undisturbed he looks right now.

I don’t know but I felt the urge to touch his face. I held  out my index finger and slowly ran the back of it from his cheek down to his chin, feeling the roughness of his mini beard.

He looks so cute and comfy right now.

I was about to take my hand off him, when he suddenly held my index finger.

I looked at him surprised.

He’s awake?!

He quickly opened his eyes which directly looked at me, still sleepy and tired.

“Oh my gosh- I’m so sorry! Did I wake you up? Sorry for disturbing you! You looked so peaceful and I was just-”

“Good morning, mon cher..” He cut me off, smiling.

“Good.. morning..” I said slightly embarrassed.

He took seconds to look at my whole outfit.
“You’re going out?” He asked in a whispering manner.

“I need to go to school.” I answered, also in a hushed tone as if we don’t want to disturb anyone even though it’s only us in the apartment.

“Oh… Well take care, ma chérie.” He smiled.

“You too.”

As I went to the door an opened it, I heard Lafayette add,

“Have a good day.”

I looked at him warmly.

“I will.” Then went off.

….

When I arrived at school, I realized I was a little too early. So I went inside and just waited for the students to come in.

The bell rang and class already started. I just let my students draw things as their task as I was busy looking for someone. And just as I expected, Usnavi’s not in his seat.

Great…

I traveled my gaze across the room, and my eyes landed on another student.

Benny, Usnavi’s best friend.

“Ben,” I called for him. He looked up to face me.

“C’mere.” I beckoned my hand as a gesture of asking him to come closer.