Chapter 3: Shopping

Y/N’s POV:

           I arrived at school just in time and quickly went looking for Usnavi.

To my utter disappointment, he wasn’t there. I couldn’t find him anywhere.

I even asked his other teachers in some of his classes, and all of them had the same answers. He didn’t come to school.

Just my luck…

After a long day, I came home with dismay. The only person that can possibly help me answer my questions didn’t show up.

Though his absence at school earlier made me realize that it is possible that he has something to do with what’s happening right now.

There is something he told me yesterday that I remembered…

“That book is good! It’s like he’s  going to be with you through your journey of getting to know him.”

Is Usnavi the one who put Lafayette in this timeline?

I sighed in confusion.

Wait… Speaking of Lafayette, where the heck is that old man?

I looked everywhere the living room and the kitchen to find no sign of Lafayette.

My expression dropped when I realized where he could be…

I came rushing to my room, and what I saw didn’t gave me enough strength to hold my mouth from falling.

There he is… The mighty military French commander, holding my bras up high with pure innocent confusion in his face.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY BRA?!” He flinched at my voice and instantly let go of the bra that was in his hands.

I immediately walked to my bed and angrily collected my underwear and put them back in the drawer.

After that, I looked at him with my brows crossed and my hands on my waist.

“Care to explain?” I miffed.

“I am a curious man…” He started off.

“I was just wondering what that piece of clothing was.”

“There are no bras in your time?!” I exclaimed in disbelief.

“I wouldn’t have asked if there was.”

I blushed a little still thinking of a way to explain to a man from the 1700’s what a bra is.

“Well… It is a… uhh… a thing..”

“A thing?” He repeated.

“A thing women put on their…” I implicitly put my hands in front of my breast.

Now I definitely look stupid.

His eyes slowly widened as he realized what I am trying to say.

Oh mon Dieu.. I-I apologize, Miss Y/n! I honestly did not know!” He said with his cheeks burning red.

I massaged the bridge of my nose and sighed.

“It’s fine, Laf. Just, don’t go play with things your unfamiliar with. Next time you might find something you’re not suppose to find…”

I was talking about my panties…

“Yes, Y/n. I promise not to touch your things anymore..” He sounded like a guilty little child.