Chapter 12: The Plan

Y/N's POV:

I'm now at my living room with Usnavi, Hamilton, and Laf. We're currently discussing our plan to get the books. I mean, they're discussing while I'm too busy zoning out.

I still can't believe what happened last night.. Lafayette's words were stuck in my head. Everything that happened was all I could think of. And that kiss... that unforgettable kiss... He...

OH MY GOODNESS HE KISSED M-

"EARTH TO MISS Y/?!" I immediately snapped back to reality the moment Usnavi shouted.

"Wait what- Did you say something?" I said, realizing I've been daydreaming.

I looked at Lafayette and saw him snickering behind Usnavi.

My cheeks started to burn in embarrassment.

I suddenly glared at Laf and mouthed, "This is your fault."

He just smirked as a response. This man's getting on my nerves. He's lucky I love him.

"Ehem... As I was saying," Usnavi said, getting our attention.

"To break into my uncle's mansion, we need a distraction. A pawn we can use to get his attention while we break in to his study, where he puts his precious things. The books are most probably in there. Sir Hamilton, do you have any idea?"

"Well, I-"

"I'll distract him." Me and Lafayette chorused, cutting Hamilton off.

We looked at each other, about to argue.

"Y/n, what did I say about giving you the least risky assignment?"

"What do you mean? Being a distraction is a least risky assignment. It's an easy task."

"No, because once you fail you'll get into extra trouble."

I gasped dramatically.

"Are you saying you don't trust me?"

"Yes."

I gasped again.

"Well, mister I'm-good-at-everything-"

"I am good at everything." Laf interrupted.

"Shut up. I can assure you that I am good at distracting people." I said in confidence.

"Really? Elaborate."

"I mean, I always do a great job distracting you while cooking."

And for a sudden second, I washed out all the smug look on Lafayette's face. His expression turned into a look that says toché.

"Oh my lord- Can you both stay focus?!" My and Laf's attention were immediately caught by Hamilton's scream.

I saw Usnavi massaging the bridge of his nose.

"I'm now kinda regretting helping you two make up.." He whispered.

"Anyways... Back to the plan?" Usnavi added, acting like the adult in the room who's tired of babysitting three kids.

Yup, we're the kids-

"Sorry, you can continue now." I stated sheepishly.

"Mister Hamilton?" Usnavi turned to Alexander.

"Well, if these two keep arguing of who's going to be the pawn then why not just both of them?" Hamilton answered.

"Wait, what-" Me and Laf chimed in at the same time.