Chapter 8: Glitch

Lafayette’s POV:

                  I was just sitting on the long soft chair here in Y/n’s living room. I believe she called this chair a couch?

I’ve been here the whole day, doing everything to keep myself from boredom.

I tried watching the magnificent box-like thing with humans inside it. As I can remember, it was called a television or TV for short.

I also ate foods from a very cold pantry. Y/n said it’s called a refrigerator.

I’m still amazed with this timeline’s inventions. I wish we had these back then.

I tried keeping myself entertained, but none of these inventions can make me feel like time passes so fast. Only Y/n can do that.

When is she coming home? It’s getting dark outside and she’s still not here. She would’ve been home for about an hour ago.

I sat on the couch feeling bothered. I saw the book lying on the mini table.

I took the book and stared at the title. Who would have thought that my name would still be all over history? I still cannot believe it.

Though I am thrilled by the thought of my legacy being written, I still cannot stop thinking of the fact that I need to go home. I mean, if I am stuck here, then how can I complete what I’ve done in the past? In my timeline?

As I was admiring the writings of the book, I suddenly felt electricity go through my hand. I dropped the book and looked at my hands in shock.

My hands were… glitching?

Suddenly, my whole body also felt it. An immediate pain throbbed my chest.

I gazed at the book, and saw it was glowing.

…What is happening?

The pain suddenly stopped. The book stopped glowing.

I heard the door open, so I quickly went back to the couch, acting like nothing happened.

Y/n's home.

“Hey, I’m home! How’s your day?”
And just like that, all my worries went away in a second the moment I heard her voice.

I looked at her and smiled as if nothing happened.

“My day has been good. Well, not that good.”

“How come?” She asked while arranging her things in her bag.

“It’s boring here without you.” She just chuckled.

“How is your day?” I queried.

“Tiring, but thank God I’m home…”

She instantly stopped her tracks when she looked at me.

“Are you okay? Your face is pale..” Concern painted all over her expression.

“O-oh… I was just uh..” What do I say? I can’t just tell her what happened to me moments before she arrived.

“A little dehydrated.” I finally came up of an excuse.

“Well, you should drink more water! Dang it General Frenchfry, ya had me double worried!” She exhaled.

“General… Frenchfry?” I looked at her with pure confusion.

“Yup, ya heard it right. That’s your new nickname!” She said with a proud smile her face.

Okay….

I just looked down and chortled. She can be so random at times.

“So, wanna tell me why you’re bored?” She asked as she sat down in a small sofa in front of me.

“I don’t really know. I guess I really cannot enjoy things without a company.”

“Hmm, I see. But I’m here now! You wanna do something fun?”

I looked at her a little excited.

“Like riding a horse while hunting down some prey?” I asked with a stirred grin.

“Woah there! What?! No!” She retorted in disbelief.

“Oh-”

I heard her sigh before continuing.

“Hunting down some weak animals isn’t really what I call fun… But you know what’s really on my mind?”

I just shook my head as a response, even though I wasn’t referring to tiny animals as preys but red coats…

“Cooking!”

“But Y/n, you can’t cook.” I deadpanned.

She gasped and acted offended.

“How dare you. I knew that, but you didn’t have to rub it in!” She crossed her arm.

I laughed at her reaction.