Chapter 18

Lydia's in the bunker with Diggle watching Roy

Lydia's in the bunker with Diggle watching Roy. Lydia says, "No change?" Diggle says, "Nope. So, much blood mixed in with so much Mirakuru I don't know if it's good or bad. We could really use that cure." Lydia says, "I talked to Caitlin this morning. They're working on it." Diggle says, "No mention on Isabel Rochev's death?" Lydia says, "Not a thing. I wasn't expecting a glowing obituary but she's a fortune 500 CEO that's been missing for a week now. You'd think she'd have some column inches." A noise startles Lydia and her and Diggle look over at Roy. Lydia says, "Does the fact that him lying there freak me out a little make me a bad person?" Diggle says, "Listen I don't think there's a force on Earth that can make you a bad person. But I am starving. Dinner?" Lydia says, "Yeah. Uh, no Big Belly Burger though. Do Chinese food." Diggle says, "Alright." Diggle walks away. Lydia sighs and says, "How can you be unconscious and freak me out at the same time..." Lydia looks over at Roy and she sees him gone and she says, "Roy?" Lydia turns around startled to see Roy and she says, "Oh, my God! Oh, you scared me. Roy?" As Lydia goes to place her hand on Roy's arm, Roy grabs her wrist tight and Lydia winces and Diggle walks back in the room to see Roy squeezing Lydia's wrist and he says, "Roy. Roy, let go!" Roy lets go of Lydia's wrist and he then flips the table with the computers and then Roy walks towards Diggle and Roy punches him in the stomach and Dig falls to the ground. Diggle gets up, looks at Lydia, and says, "You, okay?" Lydia looks at her bruised wrist and says, "Yeah." Diggle goes after Roy and Lydia texts both Oliver and Sara to come to the bunker. Lydia then goes to puts ice on her wrist. Later, Oliver and Sara walk in, and they see the bunker trashed. Oliver says, "What happened?" Diggle says, "I don't know, one minute he's comatose the next, he's hurting Lydia and flipping over the computer equipment. He was a lot more out of control than Slade was at your house." Lydia says, "He looked like Roy, but he... he wasn't Roy." Sara says, "Where do you think he's headed?" Oliver says, "I don't know, but we have to find him." Sara looks at Lydia's bruised wrist and she sighs angry at Roy for hurting Lydia.