Chapter 11

The land lay ravaged beyond repair, poisoned by the Lord of the Watery Abyss. The once great forests of the region were no more. The rivers dried out, the mountains were made equal to the plains, and the plains were divided by deep tranches. On one side of the last standing mountain top a skeleton was dragging itself forward, while a colossal being watched from the distance.

Through time Ainz had regained a semblance of his Hp and his Mp, but he was constantly focused by Cthulhu even when the Dark Youngs took the stage. He would almost instantly spend any mana he regained to evade the beast, or to try and restore some of his health pool. He was dancing dangerously close to annihilation as his health had never gone above 5% in the past few days.

Even his God tier items were damaged, holes decorated the once magnificent dark gown, which he wore to the battle. The staff of Ainz Ooal Gown had dents on it, but the power of the staff persisted all the same. The staff's ability to summon high tier elementals also served him well, when he was about to die it managed to give enough time for his retreat.

His legs got blown off when he evaded another projectile of Cthulhu's. She had some kind of reality warping ability, and he had no way of defending against it other than to evade. When he did so, a tentacle had managed to hit his already ravaged legs, and they were simply blown away. Now, he could only crawl. He didn't have enough mana to cast {fly} a 3rd tier spell, that's how depleted his mana pool was.

Cthulhu was making her way over to the skeleton, this would be the end of this insolent mortal. Though, she still didn't understand why would the All-mother send her children to aid such a mortal, but it didn't interest her any longer. All she wanted was to finally trample this ant into the dirt, and then return to her duty, as the Grand Priest of the Old Ones.

...

"Shouldn't we help him?" Scarlet asked, while pointing at the Overlord laying in the dirt. His dark gown had many punctured holes in it, while his bones had lost their radiance. The skeleton was also missing its legs, an arm and its lower face.

"It is regrettable, but we cannot save him. You have seen what that being is capable of. Not only she is stronger than a lvl 100 warrior, she also manipulates space and those other magic tricks. We have to retreat further, who knows if she comes after us next?"

"But!"

"No buts, we can't. Get ready, we are leaving the area. We have to find a safe place while it is still preoccupied."

"Come Scarlet." Said Terra, as he grabbed her shoulder. "Surshana is right, we cannot fight that thing."

"We don't need to fight it! Just distract it long enough so-"

"Enough! We are leaving. Alaf take her and the others. Don't just stand there. GO!"

Alaf looked at Surshana expectantly, as if to say. "Come with us."

"Don't worry, I will follow shortly." Said the God of Death, before returning his gaze to the struggle of Ainz Ooal Gown. If he had eyes, they would have surely dilated as he witnessed what came next. Nevertheless, the flames burned in his eyes in unseen intensity as he observed the proceedings.

...

Ainz laid in the dirt, waiting for his end... his mind had long retreated from the real world. He faintly heard the sound of the ground creaking under the weight of Cthulhu as she made her way over to his position.

"Is this the end? Guys, it's been a long life... I just wish, I wish I could have shared the wonders of this world with you."

"Momonga I am disappointed in you."