𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Ahiras pov

"Is this what you girls do on a normal day out? Stop and stare at things for no reason?" He asks.

Silas' voice catches my attention. I divert my gaze from the dress and look around. He follows me around the store and I pick up a few dresses I think would look good. Together, we trail around the store but, my eyes can't help but wonder about the dress. I muster some confidence and stride towards the clothing rack.

That can't be it.

It's not possible. 

Is she back from her hiatus? All the years of sadness, and the pain she's caused. Yet she couldn't have the decency to disappear from my life?

"Do you like the designer Adalia Ikande? That's one of the first dresses she debuted from her hiatus. Unfortunately, we don't have the second part of the collection but, we are hoping to since she has a show later this week," The shopping assistant strolls to us with a smile. 

"Momma look at the drawing! It's a butterfly!" Young Ahira exclaims.

Adalia scoops her up into a hug before taking the drawing from Ahiras small hands.

"One day, Mummy will put this on one of her dresses so the world can see the drawing my beautiful daughter made" she smiles at her child.

"Lunch is ready!" William calls.

"Let's see what Daddy cooked, come on Mum!" Ahira hurries into the kitchen.

It has been 6 years since that day. It's pathetic that she still remembers it.

"We can give you our tickets if you and your partner wear our couture to the show. They're front-row seats" she barters.

That's not happening.

"That would be wonderful! I'll send you my contact details," Silas exclaims beside me.

"I never agreed to that," I reply to both of them.

I feel two hands nudge my shoulder. Silas shuffles me into a changing room and shuts the door behind him.

"I don't want to go!" My voice raises.

I hope these walls are soundproof.

"Stop acting like a whiny kid, it's a great opportunity" Silas deadpans. His voice is flat and his eyes bore into mine.

"For you," I take a step towards him. The tension hangs heavy in the air as our bodies show no sign of giving up. I see Silas' shoulders stiffen as his face slowly morphs into one of frustration.

"You're going to the show." He states.

"No, the fuck I'm not," I take another step towards him. I can feel his heavy exhales fan my face and smell his musky cologne each time I inhale a harsh breath. Every single second of silence only evokes an increasing intensity of exasperation.

"It's either you go or we stop pretending to not see the elephant in the room," he mutters quietly into my ear.

"You're a shit person, do you know that?" I reply with spite.

"You tell me that every day. It doesn't surprise me anymore," he pauses for a moment, then continues. "It's a good opportunity. Just this once, hear me out," he pleads.