𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Hello silent readers! remember to vote on the chapters of this book! It costs nothing and it boosts my book into the algorithm. Just tap the star :) Thanks and enjoy the chapter!

Ahiras POV

The thought alone keeps me up at night.

I would grow restless and sweaty in the layers of clothing that all simultaneously engulf me whole.

I don't have the confidence to face the cold facts. She ran away and never came back. Not a single call, text, or email. Dad stuck with me, not her.

Honestly, I thought this would be more upsetting, this is my last goodbye. It's not the closure I want, but it's something I need to continue to live without doubts.

I hear a knock on the door, I walk to the cold brass handle and open it. There Silas stands, ready in his outfit. He's wearing a short-sleeved cream-coloured shirt with two large breast pockets on either side. A jumper is loosely tied around his neck, which makes the sleeves hang in the centre of the shirt. He wears baggy trousers in the same colour as the shirt which gives him a nice silhouette. His hand holds out the boutique's logo embroidered on a garment bag.

"I didn't break your promise," he nudges the dress towards me.

I look from the bag back to him in slight disbelief. I forgot that I told him to buy something for me. To be frank, I was half serious and thought he would pick up on that.

He lets himself into the room "I guessed your measurements. They should be right, though."

I just came from the shower so, I'm still in my towel, but he seems to not care enough to say anything. I close the door behind him and follow him to the bed.

"Give me the dress I'll change in another room," I lay my hand out flat.

Once the hanger is in my grasp, I walk into my closet and unzip the bag. I think having a walk-in closet in a hotel room is unnecessary but this instance might change my mind.

The dress is beautiful. It's a light cream-coloured fabric with sleeves covering the top of my shoulders down to my forearm. My chest is covered by multiple layers of rich fabric, but it has a large V-shaped plunge in the centre. I hate to say it but, Silas did a good job picking out this dress. I check myself out for a little before exiting the wardrobe. Unexpectedly, Silas is still in the same spot I left him in.

His eyes lock with mine before slowly trailing down to my dress. I keep silent and move into the bathroom to wear some of the jewellery I took off before the shower. I look down to the array of pieces on the counter, slowly deciding which one would compliment the dress. I hear soft footsteps patter in the bathroom, his cologne floods through the room.

Silas' slender hands lay on a necklace before lifting it to undo the clasp. A moment later, the cold metal rested around my neck.

"You never gave me a compliment," I say.

"You didn't look that good," he lies.

I turn around so we are facing each other. He towers over me yet nothing is intimidating about his presence.

I make the gap between us even smaller and softly speak to him "You stared at every inch of my body when I came out of that room, don't lie."

His hands run from my waist to cup my chin. He looks down at my lips. Desire held our breaths, yet the adrenaline running through our veins was a fuel of energy in itself. Silence clogs our ears and freezes us in place.

"Just because you kissed me once doesn't mean you'll have the opportunity to do it again."

Our lips are practically touching.