Chapter 11

" Two more people were found dead this morning, just outside Belleville New Jersey, police arrived on the scene at around 9 this morning-" the radio buzzes as it cuts off. Momma Way sweeps past, holding a damp washcloth out to Gerard. He quickly takes it from her and lays it on his brother's scorching forehead.

" How is he? Did he wake up?" She worried, laying a concerned hand on her son's arm. Gerard shook his head, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

" N-no, mom I'm scared. What happened is he going to d-" Gerard whines, but is soon interrupted by Mikey stirring. They gasped, fussing over him as he woke.

" What happened? Frank was...Gerard hey! You! Mom, I need to talk to him, please go for a second thanks!" Mikey croaks excitedly, slurring his words together. Ms. Way opens her mouth, but then closes it and just walks out of the living room and into the kitchen.

" Okay, So Gee. I saw him." Mikey continues, patting Gerard's arm. Gerard squints.

" Saw who, Mikey?" Gerard asks, taking Mikey's hand in his and looking concerned. Mikey giggles and paws at Gerard's chest.

" Frank! You're boooyfrieeend! He was in like, Hell or something. I dunno he was chained up. Anyways, he told me to tell you that he was sorry but he's coming back. I don't think that's good. But we'll see I guess." Mikey finishes his little speech with a yawn. Gerard stares at him blankly, unsure how to respond.

Frank? In Hell? Coming back from hell? Okay... This was definitely weird.

"I'm gonna go sleep. Gnight." Gerard was still spaced out in confusion as Mikey stood up and started to walk away.

" Hey wait!" Gerard yelps, grabbing Mikey by the arm. Mikey whines and turns back around to face him.

" Whaaat? I'm tired!" Mikey whines, huffing at Gerard like a 3 year old.

" You're sure it was him? Couldn't have been some other.... Ghost or whatever?" Gerard murmurs, standing close to Mikey so his mom can't hear. Miley snickers.

"No it was him, he says he loves you." Miley looks at Gerard sleepily, smiling. Gerard's eyes are burning with tears at the back of his eyes. Mikey stops smiling and reaches up to hold his big brothers face.

" Gee! What's wrong?" He whispers, brushing his thumbs under his eyes. Gerard laughs a little, sniffling and brushing Mikey's hands away.

" It's alright mikes, it's nothing. I'm just... It's not big deal. Go get a nap. I'll tell Ma that you're resting." He sighs, patting Mikey's shoulder and leading him over to the steps. Mikey nods at him and drifts upstairs.

Gerard sits back on the sofa where is brother was previous sat, resting his head in his hands and trying to process what just happened. What did this mean for him? For Frank? Would he be different when he got back?

Gerard sighs heavily, pushing himself out of his own head. He reached and turned the radio back on.

- One of the bodies seemed to be an accidental death, but a death none the less. The two victims were John Deplin and Henry Voss. Voss was found with a dislocated shoulder and marks on his throat suggesting suffocation. Deplin revived several blows to the head and back....

He couldn't stop thinking about what could have landed Frank in Hell. What did he do? Gerard had always heard Catholics or Christians or whatever talking about how if you commit suicide you go to Hell but, he never thought God was that cruel. Perhaps God never loved anyone? Everyone is made to die and everything created is eventually going to be destroyed. Maybe God is seriously fucked up and likes watching people grieve and hate themselves. Maybe he likes watching people bleed themselves to death and starve and cry and strain against the fights they rage in their heads. Maybe that's what God's really like. Not merciful, not loving. Just destructive and manipulate.

Gerard stands from the sofa and walks slowly upstairs, the radio a lonely hum in the back of Gerard's messy head.