Chapter 8

The first day of my suspension arrives with a bang. Mikey walks in and slams my sleeping face with a paperback Stephen King book.

" GET YOUR ASS UP I DONT CARE IF YOU'RE SUSPENDED I WAKE UP YOU WAKE UP MOTHERFUCKER!" He bellows, smacking me repeatedly until I sit up and defend myself. 'It' is not a small book.

I shove him back, stumbling out of my pillowy womb. Mikey nods at his handiwork, which is just me writhing on the carpet. I gurgle and claw at his pajama pant leg.

" Coffeeeee " I whine, dragging behind Mikey as he walks out into the hall. All is well and good until we reach the staircase, and I tumble down. Sweeping Mikey's legs out from under him. We rocket down the stairs in a clash of pointy elbows, nearly broken glasses, and loud profanities.

We look up at our mother who was just grinning above us. " Breakfast. Mikey, coffee and cereal, Gerard coffee and a toasted strawberry poptart."

I detangle myself from my brother's limbs and prance into the kitchen. Yelling " THANKS MAAAA" as I go.

In my pocket, my phone buzzes. I honestly have no clue how it survived that avalanche, but I'm glad it did.

Lynds<3: Heeyy Gee! Im not up 4 skool 2day, Ill be at urs around 11 xxx

Geeway: Whoa man, mom'll grill my ass!

Lynds<3: wat do you think windows r 4!?!

Geeway:...fine.

Lynds<3: YAY!! C u l8tr.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket. Shit what of she tries climbing through like, the bathroom window! I dunno it happens I guess. Maybe? I've never had friends who'd do this sorta thing...

I quickly inhale my coffee and poptart. Mom and Mikey are walking as soon as I fling myself back upstairs. Gotta make sure my room doesn't make me look like a dork.

Well that's gonna be hard. I shuffle around, stuffing books onto their shelves and sweeping action figures under my bed. Okay, not bad. Just the Doctor Who book and... shit I have Star Wars bedsheets.

I groan and rake my hair back off my face. What the fuck do I do to cover this? I strip off the top sheet on my bed, the one with the black underside. As that one was thrown back over,(turn inside out) a pebble hit my window.

I bite my lip and shuffle over, peering out into my yard for Lyn-Z. She stands a little away from the house, a grin painted across her face. Cute little black button up and a red tie tucked into her shirt, knee high black socks, clunky boots and a school girl skirt. Why must she be cute I don't get it.

Frank is totally gonna beat my ass. There goes my air supply. And my dignity.

I slide open the window. " Hey Gee!" She whisper yells loud enough for me to hear. I grin at her.

" How are you planing on getting in here?" I call back, chewing my lip. She rolls her eyes.

" Oh, hello Lynds. Don't you look lovely today, please come in. What nice weather we're having. " She replies, walking over and throwing a rope through the window. Shit, she came fucking prepared.

The rope smacks me in the face.(thanks coordination!) She snorts. I scramble to pick it up.

" Hold on tight, you're my anchor." Oh jesus.

I take the best stance I can think of, heels already digging into the carpet and my fingers wrapped tightly around the rope. Lyn-Z starts climbing, making the rope tug and me have to start pulling. Every step puts a little more weight and I'm already wheezing like an elderly man with a lung condition.