Life After Sonic's Sacrifice

Three years later....

"Today is the three year anniversary of the death of the world's most beloved hero Sonic the Hedgehog, who sacrificed himself to save our planet when it was shattering," the news people said all over the world. Annabelle Prower and her brother Miles Prower, or Tails to his friends, were even hearing it. Annabelle and Tails missed their best friend, since he was with them from the very beginning.

At the GUN agency, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, and even Voltage were hearing it as well. Sonic was a big time rival to Shadow, and hearing about his passing did give him a bit of some feels.  Voltage would ask Shadow if he was crying in some parts, but he would just wipe them away and say no. Rouge would sometimes get Shadow to try to admit it, but Shadow would just shove her aside.

When Silver and Blaze came back from their worlds for vacation, they were heartbroken by the terrible news when they were greeted by Amy and Knuckles. "I'm sorry," Knuckles said to them. "But there wasn't anything we could do. He was a great friend though." Silver and Blaze even had a few moments of silence, and so did the other two. Yes it was very hard for Sonic's friends to continue onwards with their lives with him gone, yet at the same time they wanted to believe that he was still alive.

Annabelle turned off the TV after watching the full broadcast on Sonic's death. She wanted to call or text Shadow to see if he was active and wanted to go out to do anything. He was the only other guy she was very closely attached to besides Sonic. With Sonic gone, Annabelle didn't know who else to hook onto besides being with her brother. She picked up her phone and texted Shadow, seeing if he would reply. A hour passed, and he didn't reply. Must be on a GUN mission, Annabelle thought. She hoped that Shadow would at least get her message so they could hang later.

Tails was doing some modifications to his blaster, and Annabelle decided to do some mods on her own. She even looked over at her Miles Electric next to her to check what time it was. At the same time, both siblings were thinking about the day the planet was saved from darkness, but yet when they found out that their beloved hedgehog friend was dead.

Flashback

The world was finally saved. The darkened, purple skies had descended, and everyone across the globe was cheering for Sonic's success of piecing the planet back together again. The final part was slipped into place. Everything was finally going to be ok. In Shamar, Tails, Annabelle, and Amy were all happy by this.

"I knew he could do it!" Tails said happily. "That's our Sonic!" Amy and Annabelle said together, making them laugh. Eggman was still a bit stricken by Sonic saving the world and his ever so great master plan at building Eggmanland and trying to control Dark Gaia was a complete failure. The draconic beast even sent him flying out of the Underground as Sonic and his..... partner did the rest!

Once the celebration ended, the three friends got to meet up with Knuckles after the planet's restoration. "Great to have the place no longer in pieces," Knuckles joked. They all laughed. They knew that he was great at being funny. All four of them had a celebration of their own, sharing ice cream sundaes with chocolate chips on them in memory of Chip. It was the greatest day ever, before the news came.

It was the next morning when Shadow requested Annabelle, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles to come meet him and Rouge near the GUN agency, since they were the ones that had delivered the news to them. When they all arrived, that was when Shadow told them that Sonic didn't make it out of the Underground. He died saving the world. This made Annabelle heartbroken, and the others were sad too. Shadow apologized to them that he had to deliver the news. Even Eggman found out that Sonic was dead, which made him very happy.

Since then, the four didn't know what else to do in their life now that Sonic was officially dead and no longer with them. It was still hard to think about, but they had to let the past go and let the wounds heal. That's all they could do now. They would get through this. They had to.

End Flashback

Modifications were done on the Prower siblings's blasters. They put theirs up and Annabelle looked at the time. It was only around fifteen minutes til two. She was also very hungry and was in the mood for a chili dog. Not because she liked to share one with Sonic when he requested it, but the fact that she wanted one to still remember him and keep him in her heart. Shadow did reply to her and did say that he was on a GUN mission when he got her text, and Annabelle asked him if he and Rouge wanted to go eat with them, and Shadow said sure since he had nothing else to do.

The four sat down to have lunch that day. Annabelle was enjoying the chili dog she ordered, as she still thought about Sonic and why he had to die saving the world like a real hero. "It's alright hun," Rouge would say to comfort Annabelle. "You'll be ok." Shadow gave Annabelle a kiss on the cheek to make her feel better. What they didn't know was that Abyss was doing her usual spying on them. After nodding to herself, she disappeared into the ground below.