Twenty Four

A few more hours passed and Jaemin woke up once again from his much needed rest. He sat up from the bed, rubbing his eyes first and then stretching his arms. His headache subsided, his mind was clear, and the nausea he felt earlier was gone. His body still felt a little shaky from the withdrawal and hangover but he felt strong enough to stand up.

Jaemin moves the covers off of his body and steps out of the bed. He makes careful, slow steps towards Jeno's dresser and picks up his cellphone.

The time was 4pm. The battery life was in the thirties, and he had a recent message from his mother. He opened them up and read it:

"Hello, my sweet boy, how was the party? I hope you were being safe and responsible. I was thinking about you. I'll be honest... I was worried. Something told me to message you. But of course, you're an adult... I know it isn't my place anymore. But I just couldn't help it. With that being said... could you do me a favor and message me when you get this? I love you very much."

Jaemin smiled. His mother meant everything to him. And he wished that he could be able to hug her again.

Jaemin chose not to respond to the message because he felt like he disappointed her. If he told her what happened, she'd be devastated. He was ashamed to be the son who relapsed and allowed himself to get so drunk again. He exited the message app. He wasn't ready.

Then, he remembered something. He goes into his images and finds several new pictures from last night. Most of them were selfies of Jaemin and Jeno, holding their cups into view, smiling happily. He also found shaky pictures of them kissing and dancing sensually on each other. They looked so unbothered and joyful together, as if their problems did not exist. Jaemin only remembered half of it but he hated how last night ended so horribly. Jeno was the person who wrote a song for him, the one who gave him flowers, the one who made breakfast for him, the one who talked to him gently about communication, the one who defended him, the one who waited for him in the hospital. Jeno did all of that even when he didn't have to and Jaemin was so grateful.

Jaemin realized something. It was not worth being sad over Jeno's arrest. If he wanted his boyfriend back so badly, he might as well do something about it. He came up with an idea.

A way to get Jeno out of there.

Jaemin decides to use Jeno's bathroom. He felt disgusting after being in the club and then the hospital. So he strips of all his clothes, finds a clean towel from his bathroom closet, and turns on the shower. He borrows Jeno's body wash and shampoo and thoroughly scrubs himself until it is time to rinse.

Once he is finished, he shuts the water off and steps out. He dries himself off with the towel and wraps it around his waist, letting his hair stay damp. He glances up at the mirror, wipes the fog off, and notices something on his neck.

"Oh my god," Jaemin gasps. He pokes at the large, red blotches all over his neck and collarbones. He furrows his eyebrows as his cheeks blush. Jeno really went to work last night didn't he? Those hickeys were going to last for a while. "I'm going to kick his ass!" Jaemin grumbles.

Jaemin goes back to the room. "Screw it." he sighed. He goes to the drawer and finds a pair of Jeno's comfy sweatpants and a t-shirt. He puts them on, realizing that they are one size larger. But even so, it was so comforting to know that these clothes were once worn by his boyfriend. And the smell of the clothes... Jaemin was just obsessed with it. He was completely covered in Jeno's scent and he loved it. So wild he ended up pulling the shirt up to take another whiff.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" Jaemin stopped himself from doing something even worse. So with that he grabbed his dirty clothes and headed over to the bedroom door to leave.