Chapter 2: The first meet to fall

The forest is not far away from my village and is like my runaway place, ash people come here only for hunts. It might need some time to get there, but it's always worth it. I live in volcanoes, it is boiling hot and dry every day but here in the forest, it's super cold and wet so I always bring my fur jacket to come along and wrap it around me as inside I use my usual bones as clothes. I bring my weapon, which is made from a wild beast bone,  gifted by my eldest brother he carved it by himself to be a dagger, and I put it in my holder that lies on my chest. I also bring a spear, made from the stone in the volcano. As a string hung on my shoulder, I put my spear around my back. Oh and I also wear the traditional mask of my clan, it is already a tradition to use a mask anywhere like wearing our pride, but usually at home, I don't need to keep using it.

*neteyam POV*

My family has left the metkayina, since the last war. Because since I'm no longer lying with their ancestors, we have no other reason to be living there anymore. I've become a warrior who works alongside with my father who was a former chief and now in control of the warriors. I do sometimes teach some younger ones.

I was enjoying jumping from a tree to another. Until i spot another na'vi down there. I began to squad down and observing her movements. She is beautiful, she is unlike what i ever look at. Her skin is smooth but her skin is light grey combine with blue (ashy blue) in colour with some darker grey stipes. Her hair, it's black and straight and looks smooth but some of it braided and being hung some bones and feathers all along like a accessory. Her eyes, it's light red in colour but weirdly shines when the sunlight hit. Her tail is a bit different from mine, it's... let's say spiky.

She look's like around my age, but anyways...

Imagine this but with ashy blue skin and red eyes

When i pull out my bow to aim at her way, suddenly a Leyan'ka (slinger) came out of no where weirdly attacking her

When i pull out my bow to aim at her way, suddenly a Leyan'ka (slinger) came out of no where weirdly attacking her. Without much hesitation I aim my arrow at the Leyan'ka where I made a clean strike. causing it to collapsed on the ground. She gasped, looking up at my way and her eyes met mine.

Great. Now she is hissing at me and pointing her weapon at me.

______________________________________________________________________________

*Adita POV*

I saw this strange creature coming on my way and attacked me. But suddenly an arrow flung to its way, making it to collapsed on the floor lifelessly.

I scaredly looked to the direction the arrow come from. I step back and hissed at the strange figure. I can't see him, since he was covered by the shadows.

He then began to jump down, i step back a few steps again, squad down and holding my spear tightly. 

"I'm sorry if i scared you" he said putting his both hands on the air as his bow and arrows are on his back in a quiver. 

I look at him up and down. Braided hair, light blue with dark blue stripes skin, he is quite tall, his eyes... are yellow, it shines like the sun. He is not a avatar, i know that because his fingers are only 3 (without the thumb) or so i thought. I never saw him around before, but my guess, he is a forest Na'vi.

"yeah thank you, creep" I said straightforwardly.

After a while i finally stand up and put my dagger back to it's place. I was about to walk away but....

"I'm Neteyam, by the way" he introduced.

"Adita" i said still being suspicious of him.

"you should go back to your place" I said looking at him

"yeah, as long my ikran comes i will be okay" he said

"ikran?" i suddenly ask

"yes" 

Without talking much, he then called his ikran using his unique voice. The 'ikran' then flew down in front of him, it made me flinched.

"don't need to be scared with her, she is friendly, you never seen an ikran before?" he asked chuckling

"No, never" i said straightforwardly.

Seriously, what do you expect.

"i see"

his eyes met mine, out of no where there is this weird swarming feeling in myself. It was silent, yes, but it felt... comfortable.

"let's meet again sometimes maybe?" he ask while getting on his ikran.

"okay, but I do not wish to"

He smiles widely at me, and weirdly i smiled back at him. It's the absolute first time I've ever even smiled at a boy besides my family.

"now go away" i say taking off the stupid smile trying to act cool as i turn away.

"see you later" He then hold his ikran and flew away

"yeah" I walked back to my village.

______________________________________________________________________________

*Adita's POV again*

when i'm back, just like usual nobody greets me unless my brothers. 

"sister! where have you been?!" my older brother Taluk ask me in worry

"hunting, as usual"

"i thought you're using jacket, where is your jacket?" my younger brother Kay'ian ask 

" I uhm- lost them on my way...." i said and huffing out loud

"oh I see, glad that you don't lost your mask" Kay'in said

"may the sun be with us" Taluk said holding his chest and greeting me.

"may the sun be with us" I repeat.

"may the sun be with us" Kay'ian follows us

we then laughed for a while, before my older brother opened his mouth and said something unexpected.

"mother and father planning to work alongside with the sky peoples"

"what?!" i gasped

"so we are gonna kill more people? I'm already tired of this" Kay'ian said again looking on the floor feeling hopeless. 

"we must stay strong brother" Taluk use his hand patting his brother's shoulder

He hugged each other and it made us... a family.

Thank you for reading, i hope you like it. Please comment!